TV Quality Of Day Time TV

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
How would you rate your regions day time TV?

This is the period of television between 9am and about 3pm.

Here in England we have a routine of morning pragrammes such as the Jeremy Kyle show and This Morning, then we have the gossip shows like Loose Women and LK Today. News at lunch time and a really old film on Channel 4.

The most notable programme we have is Diagnosis Murder, once the season ends they alternate between Monk and Father Dowling mysteries which are both good detective shows.

All in all day time TV for England isn't great at all, thankfully with the introduction of digital and freeview our choice is slightly better.

That said when I do have days off work I hardly get excited with the schedule offered.

Wolfling

Registered Member
I'm with you on that. Scottish day time won't vary much from that. I'm never really in during the day, except on my days off - but I tend to stick to movies or shows I've downloaded rather than sit and flick through the channels.

Call me shameless though ... I used to love Sunset Beach! Saturday afternoons were never complete without the omnibus.

That's going back a bit though.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Daytime TV sucks. If I'm at home on a weekday, chances are I'm not feeling well and don't feel like doing anything else, so I'm stuck in the house. I normally either play video games or watch movies.

I used to enjoy Maury's "you are NOT the father" lines...but even so, those are getting old and repetitive and they do not entertain me anymore.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Day time t.v makes advertisements for insurance, zit cream and car loans look thrilling.
If i'm ever stuck at home during the day with nothing to do, then i'll watch a dvd over the t.v any time. I like my sanity and don't want to lose it watching Dr Phil, Oprah and the likes

I don't like day-time TV at all :/ I usually end up watching Gilmore Girls.

Maybe I just spend too much time at home recently, but all the shows on during the day are so zzzzzzz. It's all about moving house or car boot sales. I don't watch TV much anyway, just look through the channels whilst I'm in the kitchen at lunch time.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
When I am home during the day on weekdays, which is very rare now. There's always something on to watch. It's only repeats but there great shows like The Jeffersons, Sanford and Son, Seinfeld and so many other great ones. If there's nothing on then I'll see if there's any good movies on the Movie Network.

I rarely get bored watching television.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Diagnosis Murder is my favourite daytime tv programme. A lot of people laugh at me for liking it but I am a big fan of murder mysteries. I know some of the acting is poor but Dick Van Dyke is awesome.
I am sad that Fern is leaving This Morning. She made it really entertaining. I love the way her and Phil bounce off each other.

Daytime TV on public TV here is just meh, it's Maury, Regis and Kelly, the news and a whole bunch of soap operas on 3 different channels followed by Dr. Phil and Oprah. It's slightly better even on basic cable but there's no real good cartoons on.

DLFerguson

Registered Member
Daytime TV sucks. If I'm at home on a weekday, chances are I'm not feeling well and don't feel like doing anything else, so I'm stuck in the house. I normally either play video games or watch movies.

I used to enjoy Maury's "you are NOT the father" lines...but even so, those are getting old and repetitive and they do not entertain me anymore.
Maury Povich is a racist and his show is garbage

Italiano

Film Elitist
When I am home during the day on weekdays, which is very rare now. There's always something on to watch. It's only repeats but there great shows like The Jeffersons, Sanford and Son, Seinfeld and so many other great ones. If there's nothing on then I'll see if there's any good movies on the Movie Network.

I rarely get bored watching television.
Stamp of Approval.

Although honestly I don't go out of my way to watch those shows. Usually if I'm bored I'll watch 'em with a few friends but I usually try to get myself out doing something productive.

Other than that Daytime TV and Quality are two words that are never in the same sentence because the first is completely void of the second.