• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Quake jolts northeast Japan, nuclear workers evacuate

Comet

Registered Member
A 7.0 earthquake has struck the northeastern region of Japan. Workers at the Fukushima power plant were evacuated.

My heart goes out to the people of Japan. They can't seem to catch a break this year. Hopefully they will recover and bounce back from these past tragic months.

A strong earthquake jolted northeastern Japan on Sunday, and workers at the crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant were evacuated after an alert for a half-meter tsunami was issued by the Japan Meteorological Agency.
Quake jolts northeast Japan, nuclear workers evacuate | Reuters

Iris

rainbow 11!
That is horrendous! I can't believe that they are unable to catch a break. It seems like it is one bad thing after another, at least there didn't seem to be any damage so far. And the Tsunami warning was lifted.

Dekzper

Registered Member
They predicted that there would be aftershock quakes after the 8.0.
It's tragic and it's really scary. I have a real-life friend who lives in northern Japan. I just hope it hasn't caused more probs with Fukushima. It's tuff enough already.

butty92

Registered Member
Sadly, Japan is always going to be vulnerable because it is a quake zone and all it's infrastructure is built right on it. It is a lot to cope with after the earlier events of the year.