• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Putting Your Tree Up

Dabs

Registered Member
So, when does everyone have plans on putting up their Christmas tree??
Or do you even put one up?? ~LoL~

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
First Christmas in my new house and like the dork that I am I can't wait to put up the tree, lol.

Probably will on Friday.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
We used to, but there's not really a lot of room to put it up, so we stick to other decorations.

As for when the decorations go up, some time in the first few weeks of December. Usually.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Me and my brother will probably put up the Christmas tree around two weeks before the 25th of December, we will probably take it down on January 2. In all honesty though, I'm not a huge fan of putting up the Christmas tree, it gets annoying after a while.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Here's a good question: real or fake?

Dabs

Registered Member
Here's a good question: real or fake?
When I was a married person, he always insisted we get a real tree, damn I hated that..always had to check the water level~
After my divorce, my children and I opted for fake......but, these past few years, I haven't even bothered with putting one up.
Things just aren't the same...all my children are grown up.....and even tho I have about $450 worth of Victorian ornaments for a Victorian Christmas tree, my heart just isn't into it anymore.
But when I did have a tree, it was very beautiful.....very feminine and lady-like ~LoL~
Pink and mauve colors with all the beads and lace that goes with Victorian pretties :)
It was always beautiful.
Anyway....and I always used to take my tree down an Christmas night.
Everyone thought I was nuts, but I was sorta sick of seeing it, because we would put it up right after Thanksgiving~
I have every bit of my Christmas shopping completely done, all wrapped and ready to hand out....so I think I'm doing good :)

Konshentz

Konshentz
We put up the tree a few weeks before Christmas. There won't be many here to help decorate or to open gifts Christmas morning, but we won't let the tradition die just because of that.

I've had both real & fake... real is soooo much better.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'll put up mine maybe next week. I'm still figuring out where to put it that won't get attacked by my kids.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
ARGH!!! I can't wait to do mine,

Gold Red and Cream

we're doing a fake one this year because we don't want pine needles all over our house.

CHRISTMAS!!!!! WOOO!

Impact

V.I.P.
No tree this year, or decorations and tbh i'm really not that bothered. The last couple years we've always had fake ones and it's just not the same as a real one. The smell of the real tree was always a huge part of christmas for me. I guess it wouldn't have been practical having a real tree in the middle of summer though, would have just wilted in the heat. Also, this is my first Christmas in winter for like...8 years. It's gonna be weird.