Putting your BF/GF in your profile picture?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Mirage, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Why do people do this? I see it all the time, especially on networking sites. People put a picture of themselves with their boyfriend or girlfriend as their profile picture. It's just confusing.

Does this annoy anybody else?

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah this bugs me too. Also with pictures of friends. You are one person, not a group, so post just a picture of you! It especially annoys me when I tried to find friends I went to school with years ago, and I recognized their name, but then they had a photo of two people. Confused me as to who was who.

3. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

If you're looking at a profile of someone named Fred, and you see a pic of a guy and a girl, are you really going to be confused as to which one's Fred? :lol:

People like to post pics of things that are important to them. BFs and GFs are usually important to people.

4. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I always just post a picture of me. I post pics of me and others in the actual photo album parts. It always confuses me when I see a whole bunch of people in a profile picture. Which is which? lol.

5. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, but how about names that are used for both males and females. Frankie, George (Shortened from Georgia for a girl), Jade. I've even known guys called Kelly and Kim, so it does get confusing. Then all the crazy names people are getting called theses days. River, Apple, Sky...they don't exactly scream a particular sex when you see them.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Well for some, it's a good way to say "I'm not available" or some are proud of their partners. Also, for some reason, a picture taken with the partner (while you're in love, haha) is usually one of your best looking pictures.

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I would only find it "annoying" if they were kissing in the picture. I think it's a nice idea to put a nice picture up of you and your partner.

8. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

I don't really care either way. I mean, my avatar here is me and my boyfriend. :nod:

Ha! I wish!

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Anyone else found this ironic?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  10. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't see a problem with it. if it's confusing for you not to find who is who, then look at other pictures and see who's main person that is in every picture. it means it's his/her page.
    anyway ....to me it doesn't really matter if you're alone or with someone else in the picture as longs as it's a beautiful picture.