• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Puter wishes to restart :(

Bjarki

Registered Member
So yeah I've got an issue with my comp. The last half year has been a real nuissance, everytime I started my comp in the morning it would shut down again about 75% of the time within 30 mins. When it finally worked (in the afternoons & evenings) there was no problem with it anymore, no risk of it restarting.

About one and a half month ago I reinstalled windows to solve the issue as I figured it had hardware issues. And yes, it did work fine... till now.
About 2 days ago my comp crashed all of a sudden, since then it's back to the aforementioned old habit.

It just goes 'plop' and then when I restart it you hear a sequence of beeps. When I shut it down again and restart it properly, there's no beeps to be heard.
I think it's a hardware issue, but I'm not completely sure. I could reinstall windows again (although I don't feel like it), but I'm afraid it will do the same thing again as soon as the system makes an unexpected crash :(

Is there any way to find out what's bothering?

I'd ask for a cure, but that's probably too much to ask. :shake: