• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Pushing "Pull" doors

Cheyron

Registered Member
I just saw a thread by Hybrix about falling up the stairs so I thought "why not?" and here I am with my first thread!

Anyway. What are your thoughts on it, I guess? It's not really a debate. Mention your most embarrassing moments doing this, the last time you did, etc. Basically, anything worth replying here with. :p

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I do this all the time. Unfortunately the most embarrassing time was when I did it at the Midvale School for the Gifted.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I get paranoid about doors not opening, so I always check to see if there's a push or pull sign. If not then yeah, it happens haha. I don't know why I get paranoid because I don't really care :/ I hate it more when automatic doors don't open and you just have to stand there looking like an idiot not knowing what to do lol.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's a lot of those type of doors at my work building and I always push when I have to pull, or pull when I have to push. It's kind of annoying, but I wouldn't really say it's emberassing since a lot of other people do it.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I did this last week. I went into Starbucks and when I was walking in I said to myself "make note of which way the door is going for when you leave", so when it came to leaving I completely forgot about which way the door went and made a total and utter arse of myself and pull when I should have pushed.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I thought doors are all supposed to be pushed on your way out (I mean, designed for that for security reasons) and pulled on the way in. However, that's not always the case so I prefer looking at signs if there are. I think the bigger embarrassment is not noticing there's a glass door and you walk through and bump on the glass haha.

Bliss

Sally Twit
We have doors at work that say 'Pull/Push' but they work both ways. I'm so used to doing either that when I'm at places other than work I make a fool out of myself. That said, a lot of doors these days don't seem to be labelled.

k3rm0r

Registered Member
Well since all the door should be pulled when u walk inside a room/building, i tend to go by that rules(due to safety during fire and such door should always be pushed when leaving the room/building). But some old places don't have it that way. so i have been walking straight in the doors looking like a retard when i go out, and having ppl bump into me from behind.. i am sure it does look funny for the other ppl :D

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
I think the most embarrassing time of this happening to me was after I watched someone else push the door and it didnt open and I giggled to myself and then pushed the door too....

I'm an idiot!