Push Matt Hardy?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Unity, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

From standard GFers to all out MFers (Mattitude followers, of course...:lol:), I was wondering what your thoughts on Matt Hardy are.

I was talking to Millz earlier today, kind of thinking that he could use (and deserves) a push. I'm not sure if he'll ever be champ, but at least give him an IC Title run and see where it goes. Even though I'm not sure it even has a snowball's chance in hell, I'd be happy to see him as World Champ at some point.

I know it's usually a love/hate relationship with the guy. He's a little strange, and can be annoying. Then again, Matt Striker called him "The Heart and Soul of Friday Night Smackdown" on a recent episode. Regardless of your opinion, you've got to admit that the WWE fans all seem to be behind him and seem to share Striker's sentiment.

Hardy has a passion for the business, much more so than his brother Jeff. This passion is comparable to that of John Cena, who seems to always get most of the credit for backing the company with his heart and soul.

I also think the guy can really step up when he's placed in a good storyline. It's not easy to see his current stale state of being in the WWE, but if you think back to his RAW return to face Edge (after fans continually chanted "We want Matt") or his feud with his brotehr Jeff at WM25, the guy excels.

Thoughts on Matt Hardy? Is a push possible, or even a World Title Run?

I clearly have a biased view at the moment :nod:. I've been reflecting on his contribution to the product and to the great early 2000s era of tag wrestling, and came up with this post.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

You mean Fat Hardy...sorry just had to say it. Personally I'm not a fan at all of Matt Hardy I think he's gotten boring in recent years and I cannot stand watching him wrestle anymore. I don't believe he should get a title push/run at all. I think he should be used to put younger talent over. But that's just my personal opinion on the subject in hand.

3. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

I would sooner see him in TNA with Jeff then perhaps his love for the business will return.

4. Babe_Ruth

So you believe because he's not around Jeff anymore he's not motivated? Personally I think that's false, Matt Hardy hasn't been great in several years in my opinion, even when Jeff was Champion. I personally think he's slowly declinding, and he should hang up his wrestling boots soon. But that's just me.

5. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

Not sure if Jeff has anything to do with it more the fact he isn't being used like he would want.

6. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

His wrestling career has been so weird. He was the odd man out and now he's the only one left.

I dont know, I dont find him that entertaining anymore. I dont think they view him as a main eventer.

7. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

I don't see him in the main event either, but I'd love to be surprised..

Do you guys see him maybe getting a good IC title run?

8. Babe_Ruth

No personally don't see it happening, I think they much rather put the title on younger guys like Drew, Ziggler, Morisson ect. I think the only belt that Hardy has a chance winning till his career is over is the Tag Team Titles, and I think he has a slim chance of doing that as well.

9. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

never been a huge hardy fan to be honest...nothing against him.

i did like the mattitude era...version 1...

ic title run wouldnt be the worst thing in the world though

Millz likes this.
  10. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

There's really nothing too big about Hardy anymore...with age he's gotten boring, slower and his look has gone downwards. It'd also be ridiculous to turn him heel now after his heel turn suddenly went away last year. And in my mind, if at any point Hardy was World Championship worthy, it'd be his run in attitude circa 2003.