• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Purchasing something worth 6,66$

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Alright gang I dont know much of you guys so I brought this idea up to B_R and he said this wont get much attention. Being competetive and love to prove him wrong I decided to try this message out anyways. So here goes, I used to work in a Produce Department and use to do cut fruit as my job. We weighed the fruit to price it and sometimes the price ended up being 6,66$ and the first time it happened no one made the purchase. Now I thought it was just a coincidence, but it happened like 10 more times afterwards and still no one made the purchase. Now here's the question. If this scenerio came up for you would the number 666 bother you too much to make the purchase?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
no . haha ... not really.
i'd have one more reason to purchase the product to see if i could prove the superstition wrong!

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
$6.66 for fruit? What is it, lined in gold? I wouldn't purchase it because the price seems high, not because of the numbers associated with it.
I'm not really superstitious, so the 666 wouldn't have bothered me at all.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Well, considering that 666 may not, in fact, be the devil's number, it wouldn't bother me.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
$6.66 for fruit? What is it, lined in gold? I wouldn't purchase it because the price seems high, not because of the numbers associated with it.
I'm not really superstitious, so the 666 wouldn't have bothered me at all.
HAHA!! I know, the grocery store I used to work at was pretty expensive in general. It was a 16oz bowl mixture of Pineapple chunks/strawberry chunks. The crazy thing is that people made the purchase when the price was a little bit higher then that. Some people out there are quite lazy lol.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
When I worked in retail people used to have me take a penny off or something because they refused to pay $6.66, or they'd buy something else so it wasn't 6.66

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
That's crazy. It wouldn't bother me one bit, in fact, I doubt I'd notice.

And like Storm said; it might not even be the number of the devil after all. Apparently it's 616, or something.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Welcome back!

It wouldn't bother me, but the fact that it does bother some people would mean it just makes sense to charge a tiny bit more (unless you cater to a crowd that likes semi-satanic stuff, but they probably won't be buying too many fruit bowls :lol:).

But yeah, apparently some Bible manuscripts say it's 616 (although I'm surprised anyone here knows about it; I've met pastors who had no idea).

Interesting note - you're close to 666 posts...

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
(although I'm surprised anyone here knows about it; I've met pastors who had no idea).
Honestly, the only reason I know is thanks to a BBC program called QI. In one episode, a question covered "The Number of the Beast".