Pupils Taught To Twitter...

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Pugz, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

Pupils will be taught to Twitter | The Sun |News

Ok, firstly what the fuck is 'Twitter'? and secondly 'huh?'

This is weird, from reading the article this sounds like facebook or something.

I can see it now 'Randomchild: Had a maths test, dont lik math, Jamie D is a doodie-head, he hit me wit a spit ball.'

They're going to drop history about Queen Victoria and WWII for this crap! If i can pull a little off topic for a second, i heard a debate a while ago about whether or not you should force a child to wear a poppy; a lot of young people understand what the poppy is about but if we stop teaching stuff like this how can the younger generation learn to respect the history of the wars?

What's going on with our Country!?

2. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

This is ridiculous. We're breeding a generation of ignorant social networkers. This is the line that gets me:

What the hell!? Yet twitter is compulsory? They have no idea what they're doing. It's a failed attempt by the school to be, ahem, 'fresh, hip and down with the kids' etc.

[​IMG]

3. Pugz

The British defeat of the Nazi's is probably the single most important thing to learn in history! Forget Henry and his bloody dead wives, WWII was a defining moment in history.

4. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Now that is just the dumbest thing I have heard all week. Let's teach our kids to play on the net instead of learning their history.

You have got to be kidding me, what's next Facebook 101?

5. Pugz

'How to Google' (lol i keep putting Goggle XD), 'MSN and You' and let's not forget 'Hotmail, G-mail and Yahoo: Take Your Pick!'

I'm voting Lib Dem, Labor's full of brain dead chimps and David Cameron is a twat.

6. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

Call me crazy, but this is exactly something that the New World Order would put into motion. Attack education and you'll get nothing but drones willing to obey your every command. And it's such a small article, too.

On a related article I found it said:

That's astounding. 140 character limit to a lesson. I don't care what the lesson is, I guarantee it'll be better if you're not stringing it down to 140 letters. And if you're going to teach kids about anything, don't let it be Wikipedia. The most un-trustworthy website that people use as fact. I hate that site. More proof that they're literally trying to dumb down the population by any means necessary.

7. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I still don't know what Twitter is or why it's so important:stare:

8. Pugz

I created a page for research purposes: H R (pugznroku) on Twitter

My icon is o_O cause that's exactly how i feel! Apparently you can set it to 'nudge' you if you don't update in 24hours, wtf?

9. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I signed up also :lol: to follow you muahaha.

I think it's absolute rubbish that they introduced this into schools.

10. Pugz

Lol, they'll be nothing to follow; if i update it'll be something sarcastic.

But you're right, do we really need shit like this in children's education? If i was a parent i'd be having them pulled from the class.