Punk's next ECW Title Contender, Y2J, Nasty Boys and more

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Dr. Rockzerz, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Dr. Rockzerz

Dr. Rockzerz Guest

- "WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008" was the #32 most searched term on Wikipedia in the month of November. "World Wrestling Entertainment" came in at #21 and "World Wrestling Entertainment roster" was the #50 most searched term.

- It looks like ECW Champion may finally have a new contender to his title in Shelton Benjamin. The new ECW Superstar is featured in a storyline article on WWE.com where it appears they are pushing him towards the title.

- After the mess that The Nasty Boys caused at this past week's SmackDown tapings, a number of key people backstage were questioning why the former Tag Team champions were given a tryout match in the first place. Live reports from fans didn't indicate anything went wrong with the match itself, but several people backstage saw things differently.

Despite being held on a pedestal, having a highly built return and the power to negotiate himself some great terms, Chris Jericho still has his doubters in the company.

There have always been people in management that feel Y2J is not main event material and don't think his promo style "sells Matches." Thus there was some apprehension in thrusting him straight in to the main event.

Triple H is one person that isn't 100% behind Jericho and has gone as far as to back Jeff Hardy for a push over Y2J. The recent pairing of The Game and Hardy is Hunter's real life respect for Hardy coming through. He sees him as a hard worker who is deserved on Jericho's current spot.
    Jericho's performance will be watched like a hawk for the next few months.

As reported earlier, Jerry Saggs and Brian Knobbs re-formed as The Nasty Boys tag team at last night’s SmackDown/ECW tapings from Tampa, Florida to wrestle their first WWE match in many years. The dark match featuring the former WWF and WCW World Tag Team Champions has left a ton of heat on them both.

According to Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com, The Nasty Boys acted as if they were huge stars returning and took far too much time to get to into the ring, interacting with friends and family members sitting at ringside. Brian Knobbs entered the ring with his back to the hard camera while partner Jerry Saggs got into the ring way to close to their opponents Drew McIntye and Dave Taylor, making them look stupid.

After the match started, The Nasty Boys were said to have worked very stiff with not only McIntye who is only 21 years old but with Dave Taylor who is a well respected veteran. McIntyre tried to be respectful and take the abuse but finally had enough and began returning stiff shots. One backstage source that the dark match was one of the worst things that you could ever hope to see.

The disaster of a match caused the SmackDown taping to finish up late, ending at 9:54 PM EST, leaving the WWE ring crew very little time to switch the set and ring for the live broadcast of ECW on Sci-Fi.

Sources: prowrestling.com & Wrestling News Zone

Im glad Shelton is finally going to get a fued with a title holder. Shelton is one of many WWE wrestlers that was being under utilized. I hope Shelton wins the ECW Title when the fued is all set and done.

HHH is an ass at times. I dont see what is wrong with Jericho. I agree with HHH about Hardy being a good worker. Hardy does deserve something for all the work he does. Jericho has been a good wrestler for as long as i can remember and he is well worth being a main eventer.

The Nasty Boys should just stop. They are old and out of shape. I dont get why they even got that tryout match in the first place.

2. Kazofadown16

Kazofadown16 Guest

I didnt know Brian Knobbs could still walk...