• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Punk Rock

Impact

V.I.P.
Anyone else enjoy punk music? I've been getting back into it lately. Seems I go through stages with what music I listen to, and punk is winning lately.

My favourite right now: NOFX, specifically The Decline. 18 minutes of win! What's not to like

YouTube - NOFX - The Decline #1 High Quality Full Version

YouTube - NOFX - The Decline #2 High Quality Full Version

Some other favourites:

UK Subs (Not the best recording of it)

YouTube - UK Subs-Warhead

I'm annoyed I can't find the song I want on youtube by Stiff Little Fingers, but I love them to pieces. I actually got to see them live last year and they were amazing, even with how old they are getting

I also like the way punk has gone, e.g Rise Against

YouTube - Rise Against - Gethsemane

as well as some pop-punk

YouTube - Blink 182-Wasting Time

I could go on and on, but i'll leave it at that. What are some of your favourite punk rock bands? It can't just be me here who's a fan.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I like the old-school punk bands like The Clash, The Sex Pistols, The Ramones, MC-5, The Velvet Underground, and of course Iggy Pop.

I love Garage rock.

Impact

V.I.P.
I could never get into The Sex Pistols, for some reason. I do love me some Ramones and The Clash though. Never heard of MC-5, I may have to check them out.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Kick Out The Jams is the MC-5's most well-known song, but I can't find a good version of it on youtube.

Maybe you don't like the Sex Pistols because Johnny Rotten is so fucking annoying? I still like them, though.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
I love punk music. Lately I'd say Bad Religion and The Distillers are my favorites, but mostly I like going to local punk/ska shows, getting lost in the music, proper drunk, and dancing.

YouTube - Distillers - Hall Of Mirrors