Movies Punisher: War Zone

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It looks good and I loved the first one, to be honest with you, when I saw it I didnt expect to like it at all, but it was great.

I'm very disapointed that the actor that portrayed The Punisher in the first movie won't be playing in this one. He did a great job.

DLFerguson

Registered Member
I wish Thomas Jane had been in this one as I thought he nailed The Punisher/Frank Castle. I enjoyed the movie throughly and I don't even like The Punisher.

Reportedly he didn't come back because he wanted more money and Marvel/Lionsgate didn't want to pony up more bucks. It's the same reason why Jon Favreau hasn't signed to do "Iron Man II" because he's asking for more money and they don't want to give it to him.

It's mind boggling to me that Marvel is making millions upon millions with their recent movies (which have been very good to say the least) and then they turn around and get cheap with the people who are making these movies such a success.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
This Punisher is going to suck. It's going to be worse than the first one by miles. I'm predicting a 6/10 rating from myself and negative reviews from critics. Thomas Jane had Frank Castle nailed and the gritty atmosphere made the Punisher great. This one is too overly gorey and has a terrible lead actor.

No thank you.

Italiano

Film Elitist
Agreed.

This isn't even a sequel, it's a completely alternate timeline for The Punisher altogether. Plot looks to be a zero and I'm already disliking the main actor. Any character-building looks like is going to be done through violence and short-lived teary flashbacks. Typical.

They went straight for the weapons cache on this one.

DLFerguson

Registered Member
Agreed.

This isn't even a sequel, it's a completely alternate timeline for The Punisher altogether. Plot looks to be a zero and I'm already disliking the main actor. Any character-building looks like is going to be done through violence and short-lived teary flashbacks. Typical.

They went straight for the weapons cache on this one.
You've got it right. Just like "The Incredible Hulk" PUNISHER: WAR ZONE is a reboot of the franchise.

Italiano

Film Elitist
What I don't understand is why it needed a reboot? Completely unnecessary. I guess after Tom Jane and Kurt Sutter left the project they tried to take it in a different direction, all downhill.

DLFerguson

Registered Member
What I don't understand is why it needed a reboot? Completely unnecessary. I guess after Tom Jane and Kurt Sutter left the project they tried to take it in a different direction, all downhill.
Agreed. Simply cast a new actor in the role and continue the continuity. Doesn't seem that difficult to me.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
It sucks because the first movie got me interested in the series and now this one is turning me off. Although, in some way, I like how it looks more like the comics. The problem is that the first one established a pretty good story and character but this one is a different style. It would be as if Batman and Robin came out very shortly after Batman Returns. It's such a drastic change in style and atmosphere that it turns people away.