Pullups vs. Pushups

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Which do you prefer doing?

I'm a pullups type of guy. Pushups are easier but I don't ever really feel like they are doing anything for me unless I do 100+ or so.

I try to alternate anyway but pullups are definitely more fun. ;)

If you're really trying to develop yourself, you got to do both - since they work on completely seperate muscles. And pushups are always going to be easier because you are doing them with less weight.

They work different muscle groups, so unless you want to be lopsided and strong in only one direction, do a variety of exercises to strengthen ALL your muscles, not just some.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
Pullups and pushups are both beneficial in their own way. If you really want to develope your muscles you've got do all kinds of excercises

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
If you want your muscles to be developed equally throughout your entire body, then you have to do crunches, running, lifting, pushups, pullups, squatting, and a whole lot more. I have found that jumproping has improved my speed a lot.

I do both. 10 push-ups between breaks (rounds 1-5) when I'm training, then 50 at the end of the session. Pull-ups are worked into my lifting routine and I go back and forth between close and wide grip.

I prefer pull-ups, but they both have a place in my training. The effectiveness of either one in a routine really depends on the goals of the individual.

Hi_Im_Tim

I am Heavy Weapons Guy
I do both, but i like pull-ups better. I like doing pull-ups with a very wide grip, that is pretty hard. Also triangle push-ups are definitely very helpful for your triceps.