Pulling 'Sickies'

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
Do you ever pull a 'sickie' to avoid work/school for a day?

Have you ever been caught?

Yes, I have pulled a 'sickie'. I phoned my boss to say I was throwing up everywhere but in reality I just wanted to go play football with friends then go round my mates house and chill for the afternoon.

I've yet to be caught......yet being the operative word!!

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I pulled a sickie when I was really young (about 7) at school. I told the teacher I felt really sick, so they sent my dad to come and take me home. I got all the usual being sick things. Like a hot water bottle, soup, a duvet etc... but i think my parents knew I wasn't really sick. Maybe it was the whole "You aren't really feeling that bad are you?" that gave it away. haha
Apart from that I havn't pulled sickies, I'm always afraid of getting caught, plus im not really one for taking days off work or college whatever it may be.

BigBob

Registered Member
I use to do it all the time for school. I never got caught.

Work, I might have once or twice because of who ever the manager was working, and I've yet to be caught either.

snowflake

Registered Member
The one and only time I pulled a sickie. I went shopping, To my amazment i saw some work collegues. I had to lie and say I'd just come from the doctors !!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've called in sick many times, once was even to go see this girl I was seeing, and sometimes it's just because I didnt want to work that day. I've never been caught doing this, and I doubt I'll ever will.

Last edited:
I've only ever worked one day of my life :lol: so in terms of back when I was at schoool..
Yeah I have, but never whilst I was at school so that I'd be sent home; I just use to tell my mum in the morning that I wasn't feeling well. Though, there was usually some truth in it, I just over-exaggerated.

When I was reeally young she let me stay off school if I was so 'ill' that it made me cry. haha, if I ever cried it was because I didn't want to go to school, not because I was actually ill :lol:

Having said all that, I didn't stay home from school all that much. In fact my attendance was almost 100% by the time I got in to the few final years.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
I also pulled a sickie to stay home and watch the original Pokemon Film when I was at Primary school. I was leaping round my frontroom pulling off pokemon battle moves and my mum was none the wiser!!

I was such a little rascal!!

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I did it at school all the time, especially primary school I would rock up at the office and say I've got a headache or some other sickness and they'd call up my dad who came to pick me up! Dad didn't care if I pulled a sickie, but the school never caught me.

In highschool, you don't have a choice of pulling a sickie because they won't call your parents, they just put you in the sick bay for rest of the day.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I went through a stage last year (for about 2 months) were i pulled a sickie on either the monday or friday. Monday was due to good old monday-itis and the friday was due to thirsty thursday the night before. I havnt pulled one in a while now though...

One of my friends used to pull a sickie every friday. Her boss got pissed off and just ended up giving her that day off every week. Man do i wish i had a boss like that.

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I used to pull sickies from school a lot, mainly because I didn't like school, I was caught once which sucked and got some detention from that. These days I don't do it because I enjoy work.