Pujols has bone spurs removed

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Albert Pujols had bone spurs and bone chips removed from his injured right elbow Wednesday.

That qualifies as good news, because there was some concern that he would need ligament reconstruction. If no further operations are needed Pujols will have plenty of time to make a full recovery by spring training, although he's been playing through a torn elbow ligament for years.
It's been a concern for the Cardinals since 2003...I wonder if he'll ever just get it cleaned up completely? Although they make it sound like he doesnt need Tommy John Surgery so who knows.

Just glad the procedure went okay.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I was going to say, this has been a problem for Pujols for a lot of years now. If he plays like this with a problem in his elbow just imagine how good he can be if he doesn't give him any issues?

The big question is this now though will the Cardinals be able to keep Pujols when his contract his up? He's already won his World Series which is a good thing, he also stated that he loves playing in St Louis and who knows maybe he wants to finish his career with them.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I was going to say, this has been a problem for Pujols for a lot of years now. If he plays like this with a problem in his elbow just imagine how good he can be if he doesn't give him any issues?

The big question is this now though will the Cardinals be able to keep Pujols when his contract his up? He's already won his World Series which is a good thing, he also stated that he loves playing in St Louis and who knows maybe he wants to finish his career with them.
He's been on record in saying its not about the money and he just wants to win. He wants good players around him with the chance to win every single season.

I think they'll work something out after the 2011 season but time will tell...I think if they re-sign Holliday that he'll come back almost for sure since Carp and Waino are signed for 3 or 4 more years each.