• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Pugz's 'I've been doing a thing' Thread

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I fell in love with the classic Devil May Cry games and the 4th is my favourite; I have a genderbend character of Nero I roleplay and I wanted to make the sword Red Queen.

If you have me on FB then you may have seen my updates; but in a nutshell, it's gone from this:

To this:

To this:

over the last couple of months. I even have a few progression videos, but I'll keep them off here :lol:

So, that's what I've been doing in my absence.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I have the same Samsung remote!

I love your sword, BTW. There's a lot of work that had to go into it to get to the proper shape. I wonder if there's some way to coat it for a smoother paint job? The scale looks great.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
It's lost a lot of shape, but I plan to add to it another time to bring it back. I'm going to coat it in pva...tomorrow hopefully; it should at least make it weather proof.

It's a compact version, the blade is meant to be much longer :lol:

dDave

V.I.P.
That's really cool. I've never taken on a project like this before (never really wanted to either). I'm not really the artsy type in terms of creating something, unless of course it's with words, that's what I do.

How long did it take you to get that much progress on the sword? What do you plan to do with it?

Casioking

Registered Member
wow.. thats realy cool i wish i had the skill set to do something like that... i am more of buy a prebuilt thing from someone... Realy cool..

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
That's really cool. I've never taken on a project like this before (never really wanted to either). I'm not really the artsy type in terms of creating something, unless of course it's with words, that's what I do.

How long did it take you to get that much progress on the sword? What do you plan to do with it?
I'm not that artsy either and it's the first time making a prop like this. It took a lot longer than it should have, I think I started it in the spring; you've got to be in the mood for it really, like with anything else creative.

I plan to cosplay and take it to conventions with me. I've got a demonic arm to make next to go with it, so I'll post pictures and stuff here when I start :D