• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Pud

Saffy

Registered Member
Nana's Rice Pudding

3 oz short grain rice
2 oz caster sugar
2 pints of milk (or 1 and a half pints milk and half pint of cream)*
knob of butter
nutmeg or cinnamon

set oven to gas mark 2/ 160c/320f
Add the rice, sugar, milk, and butter to an oven proof dish/casserole dish. sprinkle with the nutmeg or cinnamon whatever is to your taste then cover and put in the pre heated oven for around 2 hours stirring after 30 mins or so.

I have found this can take longer sometimes, but i often dont use scales etc so that might be why:lol:
* I usually only have semi skimmed milk in the house so i replace half a pint of milk with the cream, single will do, It makes a big difference though making it much more creamy of course.
You can leave the lid on all through or take it off half way if you like a skin to form I think taking the lid off for a while also cooks it better:)
You can add sultana's if you like, i usually just let ppl add stuff afterwards when its in the bowl if wanted, Some people like a spoon of jam with it, or put in the sultana's or raisins,, or even other fruit like banana or apricots.
I like it as it is, and if it goes quite thick and stodgy just add some cream or milk when it is served;)

Last edited:

RJ-Cool

"Expect the unexpected"
First of all, you know I am possibly the biggest recipe fan you have here, right? :D
anywoo, when I saw the title "Pud".....I thought, "What the......what kind madness is Saffy stirring up this time? What is that?"
Then, I gathered my thoughts and figured it had to be some kind of pudding and I was right.....Pud........Pudding it is! Rice Pudding!
Thank you Nana! Thank you Saffy! ;)

Saffy

Registered Member
First of all, you know I am possibly the biggest recipe fan you have here, right? :D
anywoo, when I saw the title "Pud".....I thought, "What the......what kind madness is Saffy stirring up this time? What is that?"
Then, I gathered my thoughts and figured it had to be some kind of pudding and I was right.....Pud........Pudding it is! Rice Pudding!
Thank you Nana! Thank you Saffy! ;)
:lol:you are very welcome RJ, MY Nana used to make the best rice pud ever:D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shooting_Palanx Anime 10
T Bathroom Wall 15
idisrsly Movies & TV 0
Shooting_Palanx Anime 0
Jaszibabes Food & Beverage 20