Registered Member
Nana's Rice Pudding

3 oz short grain rice
2 oz caster sugar
2 pints of milk (or 1 and a half pints milk and half pint of cream)*
knob of butter
nutmeg or cinnamon

set oven to gas mark 2/ 160c/320f
Add the rice, sugar, milk, and butter to an oven proof dish/casserole dish. sprinkle with the nutmeg or cinnamon whatever is to your taste then cover and put in the pre heated oven for around 2 hours stirring after 30 mins or so.

I have found this can take longer sometimes, but i often dont use scales etc so that might be why:lol:
* I usually only have semi skimmed milk in the house so i replace half a pint of milk with the cream, single will do, It makes a big difference though making it much more creamy of course.
You can leave the lid on all through or take it off half way if you like a skin to form I think taking the lid off for a while also cooks it better:)
You can add sultana's if you like, i usually just let ppl add stuff afterwards when its in the bowl if wanted, Some people like a spoon of jam with it, or put in the sultana's or raisins,, or even other fruit like banana or apricots.
I like it as it is, and if it goes quite thick and stodgy just add some cream or milk when it is served;)

Last edited:

RJ-Cool

"Expect the unexpected"
First of all, you know I am possibly the biggest recipe fan you have here, right? :D
anywoo, when I saw the title "Pud".....I thought, "What the......what kind madness is Saffy stirring up this time? What is that?"
Then, I gathered my thoughts and figured it had to be some kind of pudding and I was right.....Pud........Pudding it is! Rice Pudding!
Thank you Nana! Thank you Saffy! ;)

Saffy

Registered Member
First of all, you know I am possibly the biggest recipe fan you have here, right? :D
anywoo, when I saw the title "Pud".....I thought, "What the......what kind madness is Saffy stirring up this time? What is that?"
Then, I gathered my thoughts and figured it had to be some kind of pudding and I was right.....Pud........Pudding it is! Rice Pudding!
Thank you Nana! Thank you Saffy! ;)
:lol:you are very welcome RJ, MY Nana used to make the best rice pud ever:D