Public Transportation or Other Travel Related Stories

Discussion in 'Travel, Points & Rewards' started by Smelnick, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

How many of you guys have to use public transportation on a regular basis? I do, and boy I have some funny stories.

This one time, I was riding the bus with a buddy of mine. We were heading downtown from the university. There was this little old lady sitting across the aisle from us. Someone behind us sneezed. Not hugely or anything, but the lady freaked out. "HOW DARE YOU COME ON THE BUS WITH A COLD. ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL US ALL. MAKE US CATCH THE DEATH OF A COLD. GERMS ARE DANGEROUS I TELL YOU!!" and then she made her way to the front of the bus away from the guy. She was muttering to herself, and would occassionally look up and glare at the guy. Bloody hilarious. Me and my buddy(PretzelCorps incidentally) spent the rest of the bus ride trying to convince the other to start fake coughing and sneezing a bunch. Just to see what the lady would do.

I'll post more stories in a bit as more people post stories.

Post any you like. Public transportation. Taxis, buses, subways, trains etc. Even airplane stories, or just stories of funny things that happened while traveling.

patkick likes this.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I hate public transport, especially in Boston. The subway is gross basically because people are inconsiderate and pig like.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I take the train into the city occasionally. It's a lot easier and faster than driving in traffic and finding parking, not to mention it's a lot cheaper.

I usually have to fly at least a couple times a year, but I hate it. I hate airports and all the fucking rules and security. I hate waiting in line to check in. I hate waiting in line to go through security. I hate waiting at the crowded gates. I hate waiting in line to board the plane. I hate sitting on the plane with no room to do anything. I hate the selfish people who put their seats back despite the fact that I already had no room to begin with. I hate waiting for my bags. The whole thing just sucks. But at least you get there faster.

4. Merc

I've never been through an airport and I'm not really looking forward to it.

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I used to ride the bus all the time. You find all kinds of interesting people when you're on public transportation.

6. patkick

patkick #21

Yeah like a guy wearing high heel boots. :shifteyes:

I take public transportation to get to everywhere. I take the bus or train to get to basketball practice. I take the train to get to uni.

I haven't encountered any problems or weird situations yet. Though some people don't put their hands for their mouths when they cough.

7. Smelnick

This one time, some mentally handicapped guy sat down beside me and started yapping my ear off about how his brother stole his yellow gameboy. He was rather distressed. He wasn't sure that his brother could take care of his pokemon as well as he could. He liked to nurture and care for them, and sing them to sleep. So he said anyhow.

8. Merc

I would have looked at him and said, "There's a gun in my pocket, walk away."

9. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I ran into a guy that I late found out was in the later stages of AIDS. His body was covered in sores and just sat there quietly with his head down shaking a little.

10. Smelnick

Why would I do that? I love when people talk to me. Makes the busride go faster. It's not like I was wierded out by it =P Rather amused actually. Alot of times, if there's an elderly person sitting beside me, I'll mention something about the weather to them, and then it's like putting a dime in a jukebox, they talk my ear off all the way home =P