• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss Public/Private Nudity

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Edit note: If a mod wishes to put this in mature discussion that is not a problem, I was not sure where to put it.

We have been taught in society that the act of being naked is something that should be restricted to our homes and bedrooms and yet all over the world things are different. In Africa certain tribes see no embarrassment in not wearing clothing, I have been to such places on holiday where women saw no shame in not wearing much clothing. I have been to beaches in the past where some women have sunbathed topless and I see no reason they should not if they wish to.

I once looked out of interest if there were any nudist beaches or nudist camps in England and there are indeed places you can go and go au naturel if you wish to, there a lot of rules and regulations that go along with it but if you wish to wander in the buff 24/7 you can.

I am not sure if I could ever go to one of these places, in the past I did do skinny dipping with a friend of mine in quite a public place, it was in a river that was overlooked by a fairly major road and we did sunbath in the nude, in hindsight it was not the best idea but we were in our mid teens and we saw no harm in it, these days however and indeed back then we could have been arrested for public indecency.

Do you however see any harm in nudism? Is it natural and something we should not be afraid of? Would you or have you ever been to such an environment and if so why did you do it?

Please try to be mature about this, we are all grown ups and hope we can talk about this in a sensible and mature fashion, this is NOT meant to be a thread for titillation or anything along those lines.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
Personally... I think people should just get over nudity. like... OH MY GOD THAT PERSON IS NAKED EW EW EW GROSS. No it's natural it's the human body if you are so conditioned that you think nudity is gross I just dunno. I've never understood it.

Same goes with a BIG one that gets me. How breasts are considered offensive nudity. Especially when men who are obese with man breasts are a-okay and women aren't. Like at that point it is pretty much the same thing.

-

I've always seen the naked body more as art instead of something primarily sexual or whatever else. It really goes with a quote I like too that sums up a lot for me...

"I just think that people are so weird about nudity and the human body. Sex is not bad, naked bodies are not bad and naked bodies don’t always have to be connected to sex." — Emily Browning

-

I'm just sick of how people are protected from nudity and it is somehow portrayed as a bad thing, its' natural, and what really irks me are things like this ((NSFW content may or may not be included in this article, potential viewers be warned)): Honi Soit, College Newspaper, Says Cover With 18 Vaginas Censored (NSFW)

Last edited:

MissFunction

Registered Member
I'm not really "omg!" about nudity. When i go to the swimming pool, i see all types of breast and others to the showers and people feeling comfortable about it. As long as they're ok with it, their problem. Who am i to judge? I know that exposing myself on a beach or to the sauna it's not my thing, i have no problem doing it in the privacy of my house, but i'm not excited about doing it in public places. Simply because ... i don't see the point. :-/

Other than that, keeping my clothes on, i'll leave the thread. :lol:

dDave

V.I.P.
I think it would be odd to get "excited" about public exposure :lol:.

I'm definitely not comfortable with public nudity and I certainly don't go out of my way to do it in private. Yeah, the human body is natural but is there really a reason for public exposure? Does it serve any real benefit? Given all the predators out there, I think it's best to follow social norms here and stay clothed. Also, you have to consider the children, I don't think it's necessarily beneficial to expose children to public nudity.

Same goes with a BIG one that gets me. How breasts are considered offensive nudity. Especially when men who are obese with man breasts are a-okay and women aren't. Like at that point it is pretty much the same thing.
Some people just need to work out. Nobody wants to see that. :lol:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Nudity is fine at home but I don't think it is in public. I really don't want to see that much of everyone walking down the street. I wouldn't want to expose my kids to that either nor have them exposed to a child predator.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't get what the big deal is with nudity. What makes the human body so offensive to so many people? Not that I want to go walking around naked everywhere, mainly because I'm more comfortable being clothed since that's how I've been conditioned. But if other people want to, who cares? Why should it make anyone uncomfortable?

Same thing goes for TV. I've always thought it's really ridiculous how violence and murder are perfectly appropriate for TV, and yet as soon as a nipple makes its way onto the screen people freak out and scream "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!"

Video games can have all the killing and gore that they want, but as soon as there's sex or nudity the games get slapped with an Adult Only rating, which Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony won't license on their consoles, and most retailers won't carry them.

Also, you have to consider the children, I don't think it's necessarily beneficial to expose children to public nudity.
Sure, it may not be beneficial (although I think that point could be argued), but is it harmful in any way? If so, how?

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I have no problem with public nudity. Sure, I'm not too fond of seeing another man's junk, but there's way's to avoid that like...i don't know...looking at their face instead? Just don't look down. I would love it if public nudity were acceptable, summertime would be amazing! Not sure why any girl would be against it. If you could just walk out of the house nude, imagine how much time it would save on trying to pick an outfit!