• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Public or Private?

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
ok so if money wasn't an option, would you rather have your kids in public or private schools?

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
I would rather have them in private school. I went to a private school for high school and I was glad that I did. I think that the private school is better because they tend to be smaller than public, have smaller class sizes with a better student to teacher ratio.

Julie

Registered Member
If money were not an issue, I would definitely go for private school. No question.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with private. Public schools nowadays are not exactly looked upon as great learning envoronments. Then again that's not saying any given private is better than any public. I tend to think private is going to get your kids a better education though. It won't give them the street smarts though since it is kind of cut off from the mainstream.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
right, I send my daughter to a private school. It's something that I cannot afford to do on my own. I had a friend help me with tuition this year( kindergarten) and I had no idea really how I was going to continue her on. Luckily right after christmas I took a job there. the money that I make just pays for her tuition. I really don't care though, as long as it enables me to keep her in that school it's all worth it. I agree with Andrew though, not all private schools are alike, you need to do your homework. This school though I absolutely love. I began looking into it and visiting there when my daughter was only 2. Getting to know the teachers and principal. I like the fact that the class size is very small (average is 8 students) and the kids get more one on one with the teachers. my plan is to keep her in this school and have her graduate there. I will do everything I can to keep her there, because the experience that I have had in the past with public schools made me decide to put her in a private school. Anyway I just wondered what everyone's thoughts were on the subject : ) I would also like to mention that this school is ahead of the public schools here, the kids that come into the school from a public school always test at least a grade behind. my daughter is already reading and doing adding and subtracting, which is something I don't think I started at least until second grade lol

As far as street smarts, I'm not to worried about that. I've got a pretty big family with lots of kids. I think she will pick some of that up LOL

Last edited:

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Private school. Public school has nothing to offer students that private school either doesn't have or doesn't have better. All that public school has is a higher fatality rate, higher pregnancy rate, higher dropout rate, and higher "everything that you don't want in a school" rate. There's absolutely no reason to do it if you have an option for better.