Movies Public Enemies: Johnny Depp, Christian Bale

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Christian Bale is really making a lot of movies lately. He and Johnny Depp are in a new moving called "Public Enemies" which follows the story of John Dillinger.

Apple - Trailers - Public Enemies

It looks pretty good if you ask me. I'm a big fan of Depp and Bale so I'll see this for sure.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll definitely be going to see this movie, it looks really good. I as well am a huge fan of Depp and Bale. It's amazing how Depp can play any roles with ease, he looks like a perfect mobster in that movie.

Wade8813

Registered Member
When I first saw the thread title, I thought it was saying that Bale and Depp were enemies in real life... :lol:

I'll probably see this. I'm a fan of both actors, and it looks pretty good.

Watched the trailer with Jaszi last night, we'll be going to see this. I love anything to do with mobsters, gangsters or bank robbers and it also has quite a few good actors in it. This is second on my list of "must-sees" this year, right behind The Taking of Pelham 123.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
It looks like a pretty good movie, movies like this typically catch my interest so we'll see what happens. I'm definitely going to be seeing this.

Christian Bale and Johnny Depp are both great actors.

Since it's April Fools Day initially I was thinking along the same lines as Wade with them being enemies in real life.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I'm not a big fan of mobster movies, but since Bale is in it, I'm sure I'll watch it. I'm not a huge Johnny Depp fan, but I enjoy the majority of his films.

Italiano

Film Elitist
I, on the other hand, happen to be a big fan of mobster films. Always have been. Now this might be one of the only films I really want to see this summer. Honestly I think everything else that's coming out in theaters this summer for the most part looks like shit. This being one exception.

However, I am getting a little tired of Christian Bale. He didn't impress me in "The Dark Knight", "Terminator: Salvation" looks be a bust and he's got a really bad attitude.

Being the pretentious prick that I am I'm disappointed that they shot this movie on digital and that's not from looking it up, I could tell by the trailer... It's digital. A movie like this I think needs the aesthetic of film has that digital cannot give. Again that's just my pretentiousness leaking through.

Other than a few minor irritations this movie might be the first decent mob film to come out since "The Departed"

snelling101

Registered Member
I am not a huge fan of Depp or Bale; But this movie looks like it is going to be "hot".

So, i will gloriously expend the 2 hours of my life i need to watch this movie.