Psychoanalyze the poster above you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tucker, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

No biting, please. Truthful is good, tactful is better.

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Registered Member

If this post is taken at face value, then some observation is possible.

The mention of "No biting" and "tactful is better" over "truthful is good" indicate that this poster is more concerned with people's "feelings" than truth. This is consistent with truth-phobia and makes their truthfulness questionable.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
    Rebeccaaa likes this.
  3. fleinn

fleinn 101010

This poster seems to want to tell the truth, but doubts the contextual truthiness of what he says enough to make general caveats to trivialise the deeper and generally more informed reasoning.

Suggesting the poster alternates between wondering whether something is true, and between worrying whether it's possible to pass off as true.

Meaning that the real issue(!)... just kidding :p

4. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

I don't have a lot of data on fleinn. All I really know is that he was the first to befriend me here, back when I was a very new member with perhaps fewer than a hundred posts. From that I can deduce only that he is friendly and not of an elitist bent.

To their credit, the socially adept majority in this world understand that truthfulness and tactfulness are not mutually exclusive attributes.

5. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Tucker relies greatly on his witty sense and an underhanded comedic tone. It suggests that with his conversion of seriouse and "fun" he can no longer handel a serious situation by himself, instead he uses comedy to get over issues, and mask hidden pains.

6. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

There should be a disclaimer preventing certain members from entering this thread.

dDave does not attempt to make a real 'splash' on the forum and instead is content with being an "every man" much like Hybrix and Babe.

The mention of "No biting" and "tactful is better" over "truthful is good" indicate that this poster is more concerned with people's "feelings" than truth. This is consistent with truth-phobia and makes their truthfulness questionable.

Thanks Steer, I couldn't have put it better myself. People don't want truth, they rarely ever welcome it to begin with.

8. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Cons has a way of cutting through the bullshit which can draw positive or negative reactions from people. It can be seen as cynicism or sincerity, as being upstanding and genuine or simply being a 'miserable bastard'. But however he is seen, it doesn't really bother him or phase him anyhow.

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Wooly is very laid back and avoids all drama. He doesn't strike me as someone who will cause trouble or someone who will argue. He comes across as someone who likes to have a good time and and wouldn't hurt a fly!

10. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Bliss is very sweet but can be a bitch when warranted. She wears her heart on her sleeve and isn't afraid to open up emotionally to her friends. She would do anything for her friends, and knows when to call bullshit on her friends' bullshit and when to just listen. She has a kind heart but don't mistake that for being weak or vulnerable.