• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Pssst down here!

The_Human_Pin

Registered Member
Re: Pssst [email protected]@k down here!

will you do commisioned work?

this would be great x-mas gift for the gf but doll would have to be dark/gothic/disturbing if ya catch my drift (ie-living dead doll type)

B"THP"M

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member

Angel,
I would just like to say that I admire your work very much! And I would like to apologize in advance for what I already did and am about to tell you...
Ok, so I go to Wal-Mart and Im browsing around... I see some Sculpy and think... hmmm I can make a piece of clay into something... Maybe not as pretty as lil Katrina but I can give 'something' a shot... So I get to the check out and grab hubby's Dew on the way out... and I get home and get settled...

Rip open the box (after washing my hands of course) and start kneading the cold brick of nothing... well... after 30 minutes of kneading... its now a warm ball of nothing... I can't make it shape into anything but a big long snake ROFLLLL... I thought for sure once I got a nice good sized ball into my hand I could form it into something... and maybe pick up a new hobby... My deepest apologies for thinking I could just jump into something that Im sure has taken you years to learn...

Ok there... Ive been a good girl lol Although I am still kneading the clay (no, not as I type) Im just hoping it will start to take shape into something... Specially since I just ran out and spent some serious dough (not the clay kind) on a bunch of supplies too ROFL SHAME ON ME!

Angel, your work is truly beautiful!

TGirl

Registered Member

iggyshotthebear said:
Angel,
I would just like to say that I admire your work very much! And I would like to apologize in advance for what I already did and am about to tell you...
Ok, so I go to Wal-Mart and Im browsing around... I see some Sculpy and think... hmmm I can make a piece of clay into something... Maybe not as pretty as lil Katrina but I can give 'something' a shot... So I get to the check out and grab hubby's Dew on the way out... and I get home and get settled...

Rip open the box (after washing my hands of course) and start kneading the cold brick of nothing... well... after 30 minutes of kneading... its now a warm ball of nothing... I can't make it shape into anything but a big long snake ROFLLLL... I thought for sure once I got a nice good sized ball into my hand I could form it into something... and maybe pick up a new hobby... My deepest apologies for thinking I could just jump into something that Im sure has taken you years to learn...

Ok there... Ive been a good girl lol Although I am still kneading the clay (no, not as I type) Im just hoping it will start to take shape into something... Specially since I just ran out and spent some serious dough (not the clay kind) on a bunch of supplies too ROFL SHAME ON ME!

ummmmmmmmm welllllllll kekeekekeke ahhahahahah BAhahahahah BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?

iggyshotthebear said:
Angel,

Iggy, no reason to apologize..I love the fact that you're willing to give it a whirl. First step, throw away the sculpty (it gets too soft too fast) the best clay to use is Prosculpt, you can buy it online for about 15.00 for a 1lb brick. When I taught a gifted art class, I always had my students start out with a funny face first, this way, you're learning the basics, and are still having fun with it.
Thank you for the nice compliment, it really means a lot. When I made my 1st baby I was soooooooo proud of her, but now when I look at the pic's I ask myself (what were you thinking)! Keep trying, you're right it does take time, if you need help along the way, just ask; or I can send you links to help as well.
Oh yeah, but LOTS of baby wipes!

Ummmm, I meant "buy" lot's of baby wipes....geez, what's wrong with me today?

Last edited:

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member

Link me up... Im enjoying this way too much... I can't throw away the Sculpty just yet because Im still playing around... ummm why do I need baby wipes?

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?

iggyshotthebear said:
Link me up... Im enjoying this way too much... I can't throw away the Sculpty just yet because Im still playing around... ummm why do I need baby wipes?
Hahaha, the wipes are for your hands, silly! If you use flesh or white clay, you'll notice tons of little specks in the clay, the wipes help to alleviate most of them!
If you want to make fairies, visit this site.

http://www.patriciarosestudio.com/html/home.html

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I'm sorry I had to change the topic header as per the rules.

Rule #4
Do not post auction item numbers in thread titles! Also, do not try to draw attention to your threads by putting "LOOK" or "MUST SEE" in the titles, or by using all caps.