PSP PSP Movies

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Doc, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Why does this thing get to have it's own section for movies at stores? It seems to me like the PSP is just another way to rip people out of their well earned money. A portable dvd player is better in the long-run, because eventually support for the PSP will fade out.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I've always wondered if people actually buy PSP movies. I guess they do, otherwise they wouldn't be selling them. It's pretty dumb though.

3. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

I couldnt explain this, but people do actually buy movies for there PSP... I find it kinda absurd considering most of the time, getting the actual DVD is cheaper, by about 5-10 dollars at times...

case in point... I found Ghostbusters 1 & 2 on DVD in a 2 pack for 15 dollars
    a few days later, I find the orinigal Ghostbusters on UMD... cost 15.99

4. Albey

Albey Registered Member

Yea my g/fs brother has a few movies for his psp. And a few games.. I think it was a good idea of Sony to come out with it. The graphics are just insane for a hand held also.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Is the battery life even long enough to watch a whole movie? I'd never consider buying a PSP until they can get the battery life up to at least 8-10 hours.

6. Albey

Albey Registered Member

Yeah, i can watch arround 2 movies and like half the other one. but. thats why they created inverters.. and battery chargers./\

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Buying movies that only work on a portable gaming device is one of the worst ideas I have heard of. Great from a marketing perspective, but not smart as a consumer. Steve is right. Get a portable DVD player. Think about it. Now all of your DVD's can be watched while on the go, YET, anything you buy while on the go to watch in the car can ALSO be watched on your TV at home. Much better option.

The world doesn't need another movie format. I would never buy a UMD if I had a PSP. For the same reason I wouldn't buy a movie that can be played on my cell phone or Nintendo DS.

8. dk_rare

dk_rare Registered Member

The price of UMD movies is pretty stupid, a lot of people are going to feel pretty burned if the PSP fad falls through.

9. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

knowing Sony, yhey would probably find another device to implement UMD's into. Probably into there next computer lol

10. dk_rare

dk_rare Registered Member

What is the picture quality if you linked your psp playing a umd to a big tv? Does it fuck it up, or will it be as crisp and clear as any other dvd you could buy? Well actually, you can get a psp for 500 dollars, or you can buy a very capable dvd player for 50 dollars... or even a portable dvd player for 200 bucks! And money to spare for a DS! Hehehe