PSP Psp can surf the web now

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by huskerman007, Dec 30, 2005.

1. huskerman007

huskerman007 Registered Member

I heard sony released a firmare upgrade so that the psp can now surf the web. Is this true? If it is does anyone have a pic they can post I would like to see it in action.

2. Thermal

Thermal Registered Member

Actually this is pretty old. Originally, someone figured out how to get the PSP to view web pages using the builtin HTML/Javascript capabilities. Sony later added it officially in firmware 2.0.

Articles containing images:
    Hacked Version

Official firmware 2.0 browser

3. Gamechamp

Gamechamp Registered Member

Yep, it's true. And yep, it's old. You use the same wireless internet as you do fo the games. It works pretty much the same as a normal web browser, the control stick moves the mouse, L and R work as back and forward, and you enter the address the same way you type things at other points in the PSP. It's even got cookies and remembers where you've been in a history thing, just like on a computer. Plus, you can conveniently go to a menu and delete the cookies and such in an instant.

4. huskerman007

huskerman007 Registered Member

Is it possible to post in forums like this?

5. Gamechamp

Gamechamp Registered Member

Yes.You use the same exact typing thing you use on the other parts of the PSP. Just select a text box, and you can type in it. Actually, I once made a post on here with a PSP, so I know for sure it works.