PSP PSone emulation on PS3

Which Psone game are you most excited to play on your PSP?

• Final Fantasy 7, man!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Metal Gear Solid all the way!

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Resident Evil makes me happy.

• Tekken, no doubt.

• Other

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

unrealphantasy3

Registered Member
Sony has just officially declared that v3.00 firmware of the PSP will feature a GPS program, an RSS upgrade, SOny MAil (email other PSP users!), and most importantly a PSone emulator! :-o I don't know about you, but the idea of being able to play MGS and FF7 whenever and wherever I want is a hugely exciting prospect to me. Maybe it'll even be able to implement Wi-Fi Ad-Hoc (and Infrastructure!!!) into PSone games like Tekken 3, Medal of Honor, Crash Bash; maybe it'll even allow co-op in Metal Gear Solid and Syphon Filter!:D Plus, you know that the emulator will be top-notch quality, seeing as how it's being made for the entire population of PSP users, could greatly increase the PSP's popularity, and is being made by a huge company. The idea of playing co-op MGS wherever I go, or proving my skills at Tekken, or playing Final FAntasy 7 wherever and whenever I please is just mind-blowing. :-o That said, we don't know if Wi-Fi will be implemented, but wouldn't this be crazy if it did? Heck, even without it this would be crazy awesome! This could be the PSP's killer app! What do you think?

schmidtlet

Registered Member
that's all good and stuff but if you keep it not updated you can play N64, SNES, NES, GBC, GBP, computer, SEGA, and a bunch of other old games through a hack on GTA.
thats what i did with mine and it is awesome man. but if you don't like those old games then you should update to V3.00. if you want those game you have to have it v1.50 to v2.60.

Last edited:

unrealphantasy3

Registered Member
I'm in the process of getting those emulators, and when I get v3, I'll wait for hackers to make ones that will run on it. maybe you can help me out. I need CLEAR instructions on how to get a SNES emulator and ROMs for it on my PSP. I have a 2.6 PSP and have already downloaded a SNES emulator and 4 ROMs onto my desktop. How do I do this? Please help, I'll be forever grateful. Thjanx

schmidtlet

Registered Member
well, what i just found out is that some guy is finishing a fake v3.00 to trick the system into playing all the new stuff, hes already done it with the newest updates so far.

as for the SNES thing, i think ur gonna have to downgrade or something, but im not completely sure, if i can find clear instructions then ill give them to u