• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 3 PSN is down

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
PSN as been down for the last 24 hours due to maintenance, and it's fairly annoying. Anyone heard anything on how long it's going to take before they come back online?

imnotcreative

Registered Member
Outside sources is correct. It's totally Anonymous, and whatever they've done, bravo to then. It's not easy to put a huge electronics corporation like Sony down for days. Yeah, it sucks, but at least they timed it with the release of Portals 2 and Mortal Kombat, which you don't need the net to thoroughly enjoy. "Down for maintenance"? Yeah, now they are.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
It's only for two days so it's no big deal. I also very rarely play online games so it doesn't bother me at all haha.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Well its a bummer but its ok. Most of my games are singleplayer so it doesnt bother me much.

Been playing crysis 2 non stop, and ill use this time to backlog.

Whether its the hackers or not, because the Store was undergoing aesthetic changes these past 2 weeks, plus the steam integration with Cloud, im not concerned.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I just think its interesting and kind of impressive.
I'm curious to know why you're so sure it's Anonymous.

It's not that interesting either, they're just a bunch of crybaby cyber bullies who go after people they don't like.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't understand how someone can think it's impressive to do this type of stuff. I agree with Cons, they're just a bunch of babies, and they probably all live in there mother's basement. Grow the fuck up.

I want to play Online, and I miss it dearly.

imnotcreative

Registered Member
They're not exactly "cyber bullies" because bullies tend to pick on people for no reason other than they can. If Anonymous has gone after someone, its generally for a decent reason. Cyber bullies, no. Vigilantes, perhaps. The reason why I'm fairly certain it IS Anonymous, or at least one of their members, is because of the relative vagueness of all the official reports from Sony. Except one, which was posted on their European site, and then quickly and quietly removed. In addition to that, it comes so soon after their message to Sony following the whole lawsuit of GeoHot.
It's impressive because this is Sony. And a random group of guys, or maybe just one, was able to bring them offline. Not just for a few minutes or an hour, but for days. You have to respect that kind of knowledge and power.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I've done my share of lurking on 4chan for a much longer time than I'd like to admit. Anonymous is a group of bullies and nothing else. I've seen it myself and heard the conversations on raids and the like. There's nothing to respect. It's a group of people that pull hissy fits when they don't get what they want or when they want attention. They hide behind this mantra that they're some sort of vigilante group like you suggest when in reality, they're nothing impressive.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Twitch Video Games 6
Konshentz Video Games 3
dDave Video Games 3
ysabel Video Games 14
Konshentz Video Games 23