• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 3 PSN Games

Konshentz

Konshentz
What are some good games you can only buy/download from the Playstation Store? I'm looking to buy a few cheap games that can keep me entertained for a little while inbetween other games.

I already have Burn Zombie Burn.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Im not really a fan of indie games, so i can only advise for the ps1 classics and the CoD1 with multiplayer.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Megaman 9 was great for some old school platforming action. You should download the demo of Pixel Junk Eden and see how you get on with it, that one's quite good at killing some time.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I wish there was a decent poker one, but all I saw was Texas Cheat'em.

I'll check out the Pixel Junk one.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
"Pain"

Its super simplistic... the whole concept of the game is to launch a dude around a map from a giant ballista and cause wreckage. There are tons of Mini-Games in it like "Horse" and "Explosives".

I bought this one a long time ago for this same exact reason you are.... simply to kill time. And yet 2 almost 3 years later I'm still playing it and enjoying it when all I wanna do is kill some time doing somethign stupid.

YouTube - PAIN Game Trailer

Konshentz

Konshentz
Has anyone played Trine?

I'm thinking of buying these:

Texas Cheat'em
Trine
Pain
Polar Panic
NHL 3 on 3
PixelJunk Monsters

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I've only played the demo of Trine but I thought it was pretty sweet. I liked the switching between different characters and the fact that you could draw boxes out of thin air with the wizard. I'm not sure if it's one I'll end up buying though. I've still gotta play Heavy Rain and then get Megaman 10 as well. If Sony ever fixes this world wide glitch that is.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I have Pain. Its not something you're going to obsess over... but I can promise that its the kind of stupid little game that you'll lose track of time with. Especially after you start getting picky with points on it :hah:

All in all Pain is a fun game, one of the better PSN buys I've made.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Pain did look fun, I watched the preview video. I can definitely see myself killing time with this. I have Burn Zombie Burn, but that game is friggin' hard and I get frustrated with it easily.