• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 3 PS3 question

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Got some Turtle Beach's like the rest of the cool kids and they're pretty awesome. A lot of pro gaming leagues use them too and they were fairly cheap (as fancy headsets go) at 79 bucks.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Depends on what you mean by "Best Headset".

If you want "THE BEST" then go with Tritton;

But a Tritton headset will run you close to $150 and definitely above.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I can't see myself dropping $150 on a headset... I'd rather use that money for a couple of brand new games. Haha.

I'll probably just go with the bluetooth headset they have on sale, for like $50.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
yeah same here. I mean I game like crazy with friends and a headset is one of the most important tools to do that.

But so far... in all honesty I have yet to have any issues what so ever with my cheap ass $20 Logitech one.

I do have one preference though when it comes to Headsets... I much much prefer Wired over Wireless. Simply because out of all the people I have played with... the ones that use Wireless (regardless of how much it cost them) always have trouble with it. Either Being to quiet, not holding a charge, breaking... etc etc etc.

My Logitech one is wired, has a built on Volume reducer thats pretty much ineffective and only a waste of space. But all in all... I never ever get any complaints about it. In fact I've had people in my clan ask me numerous times what I use to come in so clear.

Konshentz

Konshentz
$20 sounds like the perfect amount to spend on one to me. Haha. I've been meaning to get it for MW2 & Black Ops... hell, even Uncharted 2's multiplayer is kind of fun & would be nice to have one for.

I have never even bought a second controller... they go for $55 and when I make it to the store, I end up picking up a new game or a couple of used ones and forget about the controller all together. Ha.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
yeah I've used this pair that I've gotten from Bestbuy (cost me $18 plus tax) for more than a year. Its worked great.

The Brand is "Rocket Fish". But in all honesty I dont think that in that $20 range brand really matters :hah: