• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 3 PS3 Price Drop Temporary?

CaliforniaSteve

Registered Member
They need to do something.

Sony's already gone and angered its fan base with its lack of online gaming and outrageous prices.

gamer

I am a big fan of sony but with what they did with PS3 I may not be for very long,oh and ya the price is going back up to $600 is what ive heard. what are thay doing.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
It's sad that they dropped the price and raised it just to get some extra publicity and spark a little more interest.

No one is going to beat the Wii because of it's price and wide range of appeal. If it wasn't for that controller, we'd have the virtual console, if it wasn't for that, we'd just have another Gamecube.

FourSuits

True Blue Australian
I heard about that, apparently it's at all the WalMart stores
Damn you guys are lucky:lol:
I live in Australia:p

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
There's tons of PS3's sitting on the shelves, and hardly any Wii's. Are either released there yet?

Gwiz

Registered Member
The PS3 has failed miserably and the price drop is to create a buzz and a marketing strategy in order to compete with the other companies. I expect more price drop at the rate Sony is going. It's definitely not worth purchasing right now with the lack of games and multiplayer game.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wouldn't say the PS3 has failed miserably.. In fact the XBOX 360 hasn't made a dime more than the PS3 has. Both are selling at a loss right now.

If I had the choice between the two I think I'm leaning more towards PS3 right now anyway.

I heard the price drop is only until the 40GB PS3's sell out. After that Sony plans to release a 60GB version from what I've heard.

Gwiz

Registered Member
Andrew, it's a really tough call between purchasing a PS3 and a Xbox 360. The PS3 is slightly better in graphics and comes along with Blu-Ray. The game selection right now for the PS3 isn't great in compare to the Xbox 360. I think PS3 has free online play whereas Xbox 360 charge you $50 a year. There's seems to be a lot of detective 360 out there even though they been out much longer. However, the 360 has many gret titles out right now. In terms of bang for your buck, the PS3 is the way to go but for me I think it's ahrd to justify paying that much for a system.