PlayStation 3 PS3 offered to me, take it or no?

myGUNgoesPewPew

Registered Member
My friend is selling his (basically) brand new PS3 for 200 bucks.

Comes with:

2 controllers
system
cables
Hard drive (idk what size)
3 games (dont know what games)

should i take it?

myGUNgoesPewPew

Registered Member
well the problem im having is, idk any of the games for that console. I havnt played a sony system since the PS1......back when spyro the dragon was popular-ish. lol

Is it worth buying? Does it have good games? Decent online play?

Alright lemme put it this way. If none of the games are Metal Gear Solid, Mirror's Edge or Little Big Planet, it'd still be worth it.

If you get one of those three, then it's more than worth it. I highly suggest LBP.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Do it. I would. That's a cheap price for a good console. I would if I could, and give it a place of honour right under (;)) my XBOX 360. :lol: But seriously, it is a good console and I would jump at that price. You should try to find out what the games are, but hell, for that price it'd be worth it with no games at all. :lol:

Although, you should find out why he's selling it so cheap. Make sure it's not faulty or has damaged wiring or anything like that.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Sounds like it's too good to be true.

Check to make sure the games work, the system is safe and hack-free, and that obviously the system itself is functional. If all is a go, then by all means purchase it.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I recommend you actually do a little research into what games are on the PS3 first. People may be saying that you go for it, but if there are no games you're interested in, or enough that justify buying it, then you're going to end up with a major dose of buyers remorse.

Take a look around, find out what games for the system interest you and what doesn't. From there, you can make an informed decision rather than making one only based on the selling price.

myGUNgoesPewPew

Registered Member
Although, you should find out why he's selling it so cheap. Make sure it's not faulty or has damaged wiring or anything like that.

I actually spoke to him about this. He said he sent his PS3 in with the warranty (about a month ago) because of some hardware issues he was having. Sony said they couldn't fix it and sent him a brand new system that was equivalent to what he had. When i asked him how long he used it after he got it back, he said he used it for 2-4 hours and the rest of the time its been sitting there collecting dust.