PS3 launches in Europe

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I was just pointing it out. It appears that while gamers in London were waiting outside stores for the PS3, reps from Microsoft handed out chairs for people to sit on; chairs that had the web address on the back.

What I do find funny is that the console hasn't been a big hit in Europe so far. Then again, it hasn't been out that long, and it's still early. We'll see in a month or so how well the console is received in Europe.

I was just pointing it out. It appears that while gamers in London were waiting outside stores for the PS3, reps from Microsoft handed out chairs for people to sit on; chairs that had the web address on the back.

Now that I do find funny! That is a cold and thoughtful way of saying it.....

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Wasn't the PS3 only popular in America for the first week before is release and a week after?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Not over here. While the US and Japanese versions use hardware for backwards compatibility, this version gets rid of the hardware involved in backwards compatibility, and instead uses software. This results in a smaller number of PS2 games playable on the PS3, but that number is still quite large at over 1,700 titles.