PlayStation 3 PS3 Game Talk

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by icegoat63, Oct 27, 2009.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I noticed the "have or will have" thread was getting alot of clutter in terms of just standard Game related talk. Lets use this thread instead in hopes of centralizing the Game Conversation and sparing that thread for your Game Library and future library expansions.

~~~~~~~

So I've been playing Little big planet this past week, its been a blast as usual. Spent most of the time screwing off in worlds with Vehicles mostly. Kim, My brother, and I have been doing the Jump from one vehicle to the next thing and its a blast. I cant wait for the water to come out for LBP, that'll be sick.

I really need to get some money in my PSN wallet though.

I keep eyeballing "trine" now thanks to Maik... and considering I've been playing 3 players anyway that could possibly fit well. Although I doubt its much competition to LBP. Hows the camera on it? Fixed or Free Roam?

2. Mihael_langley

Mihael_langley Formerly "Maikeru"

Its fixed.

LBP is an AAA title, a bigger production so its naturally better. But the platforming in Trine is more complex as there are 3 different classes and you can shift them with a button press:

Mage: can manipulate objects within the Map and even create a platform and a metallic cube for vairous purposes.

Thief: More agil, can jump higher, long range attacks and can grapple platforms.

Knight: Big and bulky, he carries a shield and a sword and can throw objects.

Im fairly confident we can upgrade their abilities, but im still at the beggining, ill let you know more.

Trine Video Game, Gameplay Trailer HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

3. icegoat63

Sweet, when I get some money in my PSN I may give it a try. Theres not a free demo by chance is there? :hah:

I asked about the camera's because its a critical thing to know for my fiance. She gets vertigo from watching games with a Free Flow camera. But the fixed ones like Little Big Planet and Resident Evil dont bother her. So if I'm looking to buy a platformer to share with her... it'd be an epic waste of money if its just gonna make her dizzy and give her headaches.

I think I saw Trine on the psn for 8.99... but I could be wrong. I've been meanign to hook my PSP up the PS3 and get some of my PS1 games on there. Its just one of those things I've been meaning to do and havent done it.

4. Mihael_langley

5. icegoat63

aw seriously? :hah:

yeah I've got like maybe 2 bucks left in my PSN wallet. I definitely need to get some cash flow in there sometime. I hate being broke.

Last time I just stuck the full 150 in there via one of my credit cards. But I really dont wanna do that again. :hah:

6. Mihael_langley

Yeah =(

I got it mainly to keep me busy till MW2. Maybe ill go for the platinum trophy.

7. icegoat63

lmfao yeah I did that with Uncharted: Drakes Fortune. Bought it hoping it would keep me busy 'till November 10th...

problem was I loved Uncharted so much I beat it before the weekend was even over :hah: And was halfway through it the second time before I Kim asked to play LBP with me hahaha.

I just talked to one of the Field Employees here at work and he said he'd loan me Assassins Creed for Uncharted. So that'll give me another single player to screw around with 'till then. Still got 2 weeks though! We'll have to see how long Assassins Creed keeps me occupied.

You ever played that one?

8. Mihael_langley

Nope, but i believe its good, ive seen the videos because of Assassins creed 2 next month.

Tell me what you think of it once you get it, since im still on the fence about that one.

I sold some games this month, ill see if i can get Tekken 6 ^^

9. icegoat63

Thats how he and I got into the borrowing thing... I told him I was excited about MW2 and asked if he was gonna get it, he said "nah, I'm waiting for Assassins Creed 2!". And then we talked about the first Ass Creed. From the sounds of it it kinda sounds alot like an Uncharted with a different kind of spin to it and longer CG Cut Scenes... hahahaha But I shall see.

I've heard good things and I've heard bad things about it. Borrowing it works out pretty well 'cause now I dont gotta spend any money to see for myself :hah:

10. Mihael_langley

Yeah the idea is pretty good, it reminds me of Oblivion in a way, with infamous\uncharted climbing and exploration .

Im playing Uncharted 2 in co-op crushing and its kicking my Ass =p