PlayStation 3 PS3 can't play old game versions properly

i was looking through the internet yesturday and i was reading up about the new ps3 on this other forum and OMG what did i find out ps3 have crap graphics for ps2 games if you play it on a ps2 the game looks fine but play it on ps3 looks so bad that even a ps1 game has better graphics!!

the problem can be fixed by a simple update but sony doesnt wish to change it :-o

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
It hurts the processing power of the PS3 to have to be BC for PSX and PS2, so they just crapped up the graphics to save for the PS3 games. It was a downfall of the PS2, it had more power than it used.

dmny500

Registered Member
Yeah thats pretty dumb of them to just not fix it. I guess it could be a lot worse though, if they didn't have an update then it would be a big issue.

MasterChad

Registered Member
i was looking through the internet yesturday and i was reading up about the new ps3 on this other forum and OMG what did i find out ps3 have crap graphics for ps2 games if you play it on a ps2 the game looks fine but play it on ps3 looks so bad that even a ps1 game has better graphics!!

the problem can be fixed by a simple update but sony doesnt wish to change it :-o
I have a ps3,
and i play ps2 games on it and for what i can say is
Wow better graphics....

Its only if you dont have a HDTV is when it looks like crap

But hey its the same way with the xbox,

But xbox is having more problems with playing old games

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I have a ps3,
and i play ps2 games on it and for what i can say is
Wow better graphics....

Its only if you dont have a HDTV is when it looks like crap

But hey its the same way with the xbox,

But xbox is having more problems with playing old games
How is Xbox having problems with playing old games? Link please?

Also, Chad, crap graphics on HD are obviously going to look better. They only look better because they're on a better TV. But yes, the power of processor is held back with backwards compatibility.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Can I Play Xbox Games on Xbox 360?

If a link is what you want, a link is what you will get
Yes, we're not retarded, we know the system is backwards compatible, but you said there was a problem.

So, what's the problem? You said there was a problem with playing Xbox games on the 360. There's only a problem if you cheap out and buy a core system because then you need a hard drive to play Xbox games.