• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PS3 and the Cell Processor

Reverend

Registered Member
So who's got a PS3? I chose to sit out the first round price war, but I may cave in soon.

I've heard a lot of great stuff about the power of the Cell Processor, but it's a completely new architecture, so there isn't much software (other than PS3 stuff) out for it.

Anybody got one already and found any neat hacks out there? I am guessing we'll probably see Cell Processor PCs in the fairly near future, but there has to be some software support for that to happen...

Pete

Python

Sssssuper Platinum ******
Not unless my PS2 dies on me. Right now I buy PS1 games (they are so dirt cheap) and play to my hearts content. When I see any PS2 games I jump right at it. When the PS2 dies, I upgrade to the PS3 and buy the PS2 games.

I've got a PSP which I got around Christmas (and upgraded the firmware :( ) so later I'll have the ability to port my PS1 games onto it when I have the PS3

Reverend

Registered Member
I understand not liking to pay tons of money for new games. But that seems like the wrong reason to upgrade. ;)

PS2 games are cheap now! Go to Game Stop, and you can find a ton of games that will blow away any of the PS1 games for less than $10 each.

I am still contemplating the PS3. The technology is so cool! (But the games are really really expensive).

Pete