• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 2 PS2 Issues/Problems

yooperchick

Registered Member
Yeah, it was the powercord that was recalled. Oh well. I think my PS2 just couldn't handle a 3 year old putting it together and finally just gave up. If we get another one, I am gonna try to keep it out of his reach.

I don't ever think I could try the boiling method. I often use just cold water to clean my games and CDs. I've never used cleaners on them, and the boiling just seems bad. But I guess if it has worked for some, that is cool. I was hoping someone had good experiences with the toothpaste method, since that one seemed nice and easy.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Re: Recalls

Wrecked said:
same goes for xbox but a month or 2 before. faulty power cable that you should replace for the older models. there was a fire or 2 that got started cause of it. the new xbox power cord looks more like a blow dryer's power cord.
Yeah, I got the new Xbox power cord. Every time the power goes out, I have to push the little button on it to get it to work again. It's really annoying cause the outlet is behind the tv and it's really hard to get to.

Wrecked

Registered Member
Re: Recalls

mine is on a surge protector, and when the power goes out the button doesn't shoot back out, it stays in.

is yours connected to a surge protector?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
No it's not. It's just plugged directly into the outlet. I should probably get a surge protector back there.

yooperchick

Registered Member
I think surge protectors are great to have. All of our electronic equipment are on decent ones bought from Office Max. You know, the ones that have equipment protection coverage with them too. You never know what may happen to the power in your house. I've had relatives that have lost electronic equipment (including a computer) during a storm that wasn't even to them yet.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sunrise Video Games 6
PS2freak11223 Introductions 10
dDave Video Games 8
B Video Games 4
J Video Games 7