• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sony PS2 games In PS3?

Jaime

can sum1 help me?? How 2 play ps2 games in ps3.

My model is : PS3 SLIM EDITION 250GB

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
You can't.

Only the very first PS3s can and they aren't sold anymore.

jackofalltrades

Registered Member
Just as Merc says, you need an original model PS3.

Have a wander over to;
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation 3#Model_comparison

It should help :)

Damn my post count not being high enough to post links.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I wish this was the case because I had the best games on PS2 and I had to throw them away because I found no good use for them and some stores wouldn't accept PS2 games as they are outdated.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh wow I wasn't aware not all PS3's allowed you to play PS1 and PS2 games...

I musta have gotten lucky because the one I got allows me to play all my PS1 games on it. I wouldn't have bought the PS3 if I couldn't play those original games to be honest.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
See, that's the thing...it's not PlayStation games that aren't backwards compatible, it's only PS2 games.

BigBob

Registered Member

I musta have gotten lucky because the one I got allows me to play all my PS1 games on it. I wouldn't have bought the PS3 if I couldn't play those original games to be honest.
We're talking about PS2 games. My PS3 is one that isn't backwards compatible, the 40 gig, and I can't play PS2 games but I can play PS1 games.