• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 1 PS1 copy protection

dk_rare

Registered Member
First post in PS forum, WOO!

So anyway, I was just thinking back when I was at a mates place, playing a pirate version of Spyro. And there was this one section of the game where this fairy thing came out and said summat like "You are playing a stolen copy of this game, so some areas will be locked to you, suck my fairy little tits"... or summat like that.

I just thought it was cute, I like the nice little extras that they put into games, that not every gamer will see ; )

Albey

Registered Member
there are encoders and all you can use for the copy protection... i don't realy know how it'd be able to tell.. well there are many options.. but... kinda odd, thats a bit cool.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've never heard of that. I remember hearing about people who can use a Gameshark to play burnt versions of the games on their Playstation, though.

dk_rare

Registered Member
It could of just detected the mod chip or summat, I don't really know, I just remember thinking how cute it was that they would put that in the game : )

dk_rare

Registered Member
Wait... ps1 had a boot disc? Like the Dreamcast? Will it work on a ps2? *gets a little excited*

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
dk_rare said:
And there was this one section of the game where this fairy thing came out and said summat like "You are playing a stolen copy of this game, so some areas will be locked to you, suck my...
You actually had me believing it until about there. :)

dk_rare

Registered Member
Well, besides the suck my fairy little cock bit, but it really did happen, I swear it!

Gamechamp

Registered Member
So did it say any insults, or just inform you that you were playing a stolen version?