• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PSP PS Vita

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
In recent years Sony has fallen onto bad times with the PSP as the PSP Go seemed to really stop before it going going and whilst I have not seen figures for the Xperia Play I really am not convinced by it. I did however see the PS Vita today and I have to say on first impressions I am very impressed. The shape is good and size is also impressive but it is the GUI I am the most impressed by, it looks smooth and more like the GUI you would expect from something like HTC Sense or Windows Mobile than the PSP Interface.

The only thing I do wonder about is that it has two analogue sticks, now this in itself is no bad thing but I do wonder if you would constantly hit the sticks when using the action buttons.

With a price tag of $299 for the 3g model it is very expensive given that you can get a Xbox 360 for less these days and most likely a PS3 but I will be keeping an eye on how this goes.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I think I might pick up one of these with my tax money. I had heard about them but didn't pay a whole lot of attention. Then I heard there would be a new Uncharted game & that peaked my interest a little. Oh and the fact that you can earn Trophies for it, which add to your overall PSN total pretty much convinced me to get one. Haha. I should probably see what other games are available with the US launch though. Ha.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I've been very excited for this ever since all the videos about it at E3, I think it looks amazing. PS3-style graphics on a handheld console, yes please! I'm hoping to get one on release day or not long after. I haven't preordered yet, but I might.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I am not impressed. The games don't seem that great, but then again I've never really been into the PS3 exclusives. Plus that is way too expensive for a handheld. if I had that cash, i'd get a PS3 or iTouch before I get that.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I have just looked on the Brits version of Amazon and for the Wi-Fi only model they are wanting 229 pounds and for the option to have 3G in it you are looking at paying 279 pounds plus 15 pounds if I take my sim only contract I have for my samsung tablet. This just screams of a rip-off for me. Sony have at least decided that downloading games instead of using a media card is not a good idea and so have gone away from UMDs and are instead using there own cards that look very similar to SD cards but not exactly the same, for anyone interested here is an unboxing:

Unboxing

I won't deny having seen this bit of kit it looks sexy as hell, I am still yet to be convinced by the dual sticks, they make sense on the controllers for the PS3 because they are spaced out but for me this does look far to bunched together.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Does anyone know what the deal is with the games? I know you buy them separately in their own boxes etc, but what actually comes in the box? Is it like a traditional game cartridge, or a type of memory card or something? What does the actual game come on?

Konshentz

Konshentz
This is what I found when I searched "ps vita game" on Google...

And this on a different site...

Meet the barren emptiness that is the future of retail copies.

Retail stores have begun selling Playstation Vita games originally slated for launch day. At this moment, if you head to your local retailer they should be able to sell their stock if they have them; but that’s not the point of this post.

Earlier today, I decided to grab my copy of Uncharted: Golden Abyss that I had on reserve. After cracking it open, I was a bit shocked to find there was nothing but the game card inside. By nothing, I really mean nothing – no manual, no small set of generalized instructions, not even a piece of paper with a picture of the cover art on it.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
That's really strange... I actually went on youtube before and googled Uncharted Golden Abyss unboxing videos. The ones I watched all had other manuals etc inside. I wonder why the person who wrote that quote didn't get one. As far as I can tell all the others had manuals.

Taliesin

Registered Member
What kinda troubles me is the giant boxes for these tiny little cartridges! Surely there could be a more elegant solution?