• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Pryor leaves Ohio State

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree, not really surprised that he's leaving. He's definitely not ready for the NFL. It would be pretty awesome to see him in the CFL though, I'm sure there are a few teams that are willing to give him a one year deal to see how he does.

He had so much promise coming into this program, and even though he's done some good, I believe overall it was a failed "experiment". But I believe Echoes and Vincent can give a better judge than I could, since they've seen him play way more often than me.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
He definitely had a successful college career. He led them to at least a share of three Big Ten titles, three BCS appearances, a Rose Bowl win, and a Sugar Bowl win which gave Ohio State its first win over an SEC team in a bowl game. I wouldn't call him a bust by any means at the college level. I don't see him having a successful pro career, however, unless he moves to receiver.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Isn't causing a lot of trouble off the field a prerequisite for the NFL? :lol:

To Echoes - without Pryor, who will be the star player for the Buckeyes next season?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
To Echoes - without Pryor, who will be the star player for the Buckeyes next season?
That remains to be seen. Boom Herron and DeVier Posey are suspended for the first five games and they are the other stars on offense. There are several running backs who could replace Herron and have a great year, like Jamaal Berry or Rod Smith.

The quarterback position will be interesting. The starting job will be between Joe Bauserman, who is pretty much the worst QB I've ever seen, and Kenny Guiton or the incoming freshman Braxton Miller. Miller was very highly recruited and looked the most promising in the spring scrimmage. He is the star of the future and should probably start this year, but I don't expect him to be great as a freshman.

Stars are probably more likely to emerge on defense. I like Christian Bryant at safety/corner and Jonathan Hankins on the d-line. Both will be sophomores this year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, wasn't Pryor one of the biggest prospects that Ohio State has ever recruited? Might be wrong, but I think he's up there. Obviously he led them to a few bowls, but they never won the National Championship with him at the Quarterback position. Now, I know it's a team effort, but I remember hearing a lot of College Football analyst say that he's going to lead them there, and eventually win it.

Now don't get me wrong, I still believe Pryor had a great College career, I'm not trying to take anything away, but I just thought he would of done more.

Should definitely be interesting to see what position he plays in the NFL.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
He was definitely one of the biggest recruits ever at Ohio State, and when you get a recruit like that at the quarterback position you do expect him to win a national championship. I think if none of this scandal stuff happened and Pryor came back and there were no suspensions they would have a good chance to win it this year.

BigBob

Registered Member
I'm not too surprised like others have said. I won't be too surprised if Posey and Herron join Pryor in the supplemental draft either. Terrell Pryor has been one of the best athletes since coming to Ohio State and was one of the best quarterbacks to ever come out of Pennsylvania.

He has the tools to succeed, his accuracy is the only concern I have for him. It was nice to see Tressell to try and turn him into a balanced "pocket passer" last year by trying to keep him in more and that may be something that helps him in the NFL.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
After thinking about it for awhile, I believe Pryor would run wild on a CFL field. His speed/quickness and his moves would help him a lot. I do wonder if there are any teams that have him on there Negotiation List. He would also help put a few butts in the seats in a few stadiums.

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I bet there's someone out in there who will take a chance on Pryor but I am not confident he projects as a starting quarterback in the NFL. I think he'll have to be a receiver like a Brad Smith or something along those lines.