• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Provoking your partner.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
My friend was in a long term relationship (with her now ex-boyfriend), for about 3 years.
They used to trust each other deeply and had no jealousy issues.
She's always provocative(even when there's no reason at all) and out of the blue, she decided to create a facebook account with a fake name, pretending to be someone else hitting on/flirting with her boyfriend.
He obviously didn't know it was her because she had told him she had no facebook account. (at least not with her name).

After 3 or 4 months of anonymous chatting from the boyfriend's side, he decided to meet this girl(who was actually his gf) "in secret".
Thus, she found out he was a dishonest character and broke up with him.

Now my questions are:
- How much do you agree with her provocation?
- Would you do this to your partner even if you trusted him/her?
- Have you actually done it or had it done to you?

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
My friend was in a long term relationship (with her now ex-boyfriend), for about 3 years.
They used to trust each other deeply and had no jealousy issues.
She's always provocative(even when there's no reason at all) and out of the blue, she decided to create a facebook account with a fake name, pretending to be someone else hitting on/flirting with her boyfriend.
He obviously didn't know it was her because she had told him she had no facebook account. (at least not with her name).

After 3 or 4 months of anonymous chatting from the boyfriend's side, he decided to meet this girl(who was actually his gf) "in secret".
Thus, she found out he was a dishonest character and broke up with him.

Now my questions are:
- How much do you agree with her provocation?
- Would you do this to your partner even if you trusted him?
- Have you actually done it or had it done to you?
This is not something that I've ever done or ever thought about doing or have I had it happen to me. It's that pretty brutal. If you really really trust someone then you shouldn't have to go through all those lengths.

With that said she found out that she couldn't trust him because he agreed to meet up with her. It was low of her to try this but I guess she found the answer she was looking for.

Daemonic

Registered Member
How is meeting up with someone dishonest?

She's obviously paranoid, he is better off without her.

konboye

Registered Member
Well, she got what she deserved. Two questions though: has the boyfriend ever been unfaithful? Has she ever been suspicious? If she did all that just to find out if he was trust-worthy, I can only imagine what she would have done to him if he ever cheated on her. She is having some kind of paranoia, I am sure some shrink has got some fancy name for what she did.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
As far as I know she has never doubted in him and he has never cheated on her. As I previously said, she could provoke everyone out of the blue with no reason.

All this started off as something funny then turned into a trust issue in that relationship.

konboye

Registered Member
You are into law right? Isn't this a case of being innocent until proven guilty? She has got issues, serious ones. She needs help. Real talk.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
She proved him guilty but I say this with reservations. I wonder what kind of temptations she imposed on him to lead him to that behavior.

Just like a case here in Albania. The Minister of Tourism was provoked by a girl who went half nude at his home and at the same time this was being filmed just to tell everyone how this man gets high and starts flirting with these young ladies.

I think in a moment like that, everyone would fall into the trap.

Last edited:

konboye

Registered Member
LOL, try that here in Nigeria and the minister will turn it all on you, you will be lucky to still be alive when he is through with you.

imnotcreative

Registered Member
I think she's just as guilty as he is in this scenario. She purposely baited him into such a situation. She lied to him. You can't set traps like that for your loved ones...it's just not right.