• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

~Providence~

I

Indignation

Providence

Monster cards: 20

3 Cyber Dragon
3 Mobius the Frost Monarch

3 Spirit Reaper
3 Dekoichi the Battlechanted Locomotive
2 Gravekeeper's Spy
1 Strike Ninja
1 Drillroid
1 Exiled Force
1 D.D. Warrior Lady
1 Breaker The Magical Warrior
1 Sangan

Magic cards: 13

2 Smashing Ground
2 Brain Control
1 Nobleman of Crossout
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 Snatch Steal
1 Scapegoat
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Swords of Revealing Light
1 Premature Burial
1 Book of Moon

Traps cards: 7

3 Sakuretsu Armor
1 Widespread Ruin
1 Pole Position
1 Call of The Haunted
1 Torrential Tribute

There’s 3x Mobius?! There is a reason and here is what I have to say:

I made this deck based on control. The deck is made to have the best chance at a good starting hand that will give me advantage fast whether I start first or second. The deck is made so that Mobius will not get clogged up in my hand and be unusable. I have Cyber Dragons abused in this deck for many reasons (Including for Mobius):

1. First turn (If you went second),
I can use it when I clear the s/t zone (sometimes they don't set a s/t) when they have a monster and bring it out with a Reaper/Exiled/Dekoichi (attack then defend) /Drillroid/Breaker (if s/t is still there) and cause whatever damage possible. Or if they set 2 s/t then I can summon Cyber and sac for Mobius.

2. When I need a Mobius pronto Cyber Dragons there.

3. Pole position usually keeps this card or my Mobius spell immune. I usually use it when my opponent is top decking or near topdeck so it prevents any stupid luck draws.
Now 3x reaper in the deck is for defense, Mobius support. Also for first turn safety with first turn aid when I'm cyber pounding when I have the chance.

GraveKeeper's Spy is there because it also helps me recover fast if I ever lose my hand. It’s also there for Mobius support and defense. It also adds to the graveyard for a late game Strike Ninja.

Scapegoat is there for stalling. If played FD as your only card on first turn it really makes your opponent play funny and easier to control as you get at least 2 stalled draws (with sakuretsu F/D to make sure they don't dark hole and try to reaper/don you.

I added Brain controls for extra reaper removal, Mobius support, Monster removal (when combined with tributing for Cyber or Mobius).

Pole Position if used properly will be 90+% of the time in your favor. It is multi-purpose and can save you and give you added control when offensive (even defensive).

Strike Ninja is pretty much another great mid-late game control card that also works very well with Pole Position.

The deck is based to be fast paced and able to deal with slow pace decks. It's made to recover fast. It usually has control right off the bat so having some cards like Pole Position and 2 Brain controls and an extra Mobius are rare topdecks.

If you look up the word Providence it means what this deck is supposed to be.

Providence: Care or preparation in advance; foresight; Prudent management.

I

imported_SexyKungfuSammy

Personally it looks like a Cookie cutter deck BUT I LOVE THE NAME. ^^ I wouldn't change but suggest cards to put in. Like instead of Drillroid mysticswordsman both are good. Also Treeborn frog has become a big favorite for The Monarch Control and since you use a major monarch not a bad idea to add him in. Also Theatlos and everyone says" oh but what about darkworld" Consider this How many competitive Dark world decks. Also is there many dark world mosnters able to stand up to your monsters or will they just be plowed under.? I give it a 9/10.^^

I

Indignation

Thanks for your suggestions.

It is not a monarch deck though. It is made for feild clearance and fast damage and therefore thestalos won't do. Using mystic swordsman instead of drillroid would only be done if I was using reinforcements of the army which I am not because it would take up too much room.

This build was made after many YVD testings and clan Wars. Now Treeborn is in the side deck. I love to use treeborn but the fact that I usually have control and s/t feild presence means I will rarely get to use it's effect and therfore can become a dead draw in this deck especially when I need to stay on the offensive.

I

imported_SexyKungfuSammy

Hmmmmm well Would The Rock monarch be a consideration? Kill any facedown which can be a very goo situational card if he had either one face down Monster or Facedown spell/trap can help to.^^

I

Indignation

Nope. I had considered it but 3x tributes is enough for me. Plus Mobius is better 2-1.

I

imported_SexyKungfuSammy

Then Um I'm completely stumped except the little ban card you should fix Dark hole ><. Either graceful chariity or Mirror Force. both are turned back in and cyber jar is out of here.

I

Indignation

Ya this deck was for current format. I am currently working on one for april first format but I have to go through alot of testing so I don't post it unless it has been tested..

I

imported_SexyKungfuSammy

I um Tried to help as best I could.^^ could you check my deck? it's in signature.

I

Indignation

Don't worry I don't usually get much help anyway lol. I like your suggestions since you give reason with them and that is good enough for me.