Proud to be...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Simple question here.

I always hear people say I'm a proud Canadian, American.

What about you, are you a proud American(that's if your American obviously)

I'm a very proud Canadian, I enjoy almost everything about Canada, we have a lot of great things in this country that I'm proud of, obviously there's a few negatives, but I think the positives out-do the negatives.

Thoughts?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Simple question here.

I always hear people say I'm a proud Canadian, American.

What about you, are you a proud American(that's if your American obviously)

I'm a very proud Canadian, I enjoy almost everything about Canada, we have a lot of great things in this country that I'm proud of, obviously there's a few negatives, but I think the positives out-do the negatives.

Thoughts?
I'm proudly South African - most of the time!! :D

I suspect SA has many more negatives than Canada, but having lived outside SA for more than a year, I've come to appreciate the wonderful things about my country. :nod:

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I think living in another country makes me appreciate what I took forgranted living in my own country.

I'm proud to be American but I'm not gung-ho, lol.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
No, there's nothing wrong with being proud of your country, but i never understood the concept of being proud of something that you really didn't have anything to do with. I'm American by birth, not by virtue of anything I did.

I'm proud to be English in that I love England and I wouldn't change where I was born for anything (umm, that doesn't mean I'm kicking myself for not allowing my parents to move us all over to the US when we were younger, haha) but I hate some of the stereotypes associated with it. I think the only stereotype we have that is positive is the dry sense of humour, even if other nationalities don't get it. I will never get bored of good old British comedy. :wub:

But yeah, everything else associated with England tends to be negative, especially where people are concerned (i.e. FOOTball hooligans and chavs). I do love the random castles and red double decker buses [wow I'm so deep] :lol:. I won't get into whether I'm proud of our stances or politics because to be honest I don't know enough about it to say and I'm not really all that interested, either.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I'm proud to be English in that I love England and I wouldn't change where I was born for anything (umm, that doesn't mean I'm kicking myself for not allowing my parents to move us all over to the US when we were younger, haha) but I hate some of the stereotypes associated with it. I think the only stereotype we have that is positive is the dry sense of humour, even if other nationalities don't get it. I will never get bored of good old British comedy. :wub:

But yeah, everything else associated with England tends to be negative, especially where people are concerned (i.e. FOOTball hooligans and chavs). I do love the random castles and red double decker buses [wow I'm so deep] :lol:. I won't get into whether I'm proud of our stances or politics because to be honest I don't know enough about it to say and I'm not really all that interested, either.

Are you a big fan of:

YouTube - Eastenders Intro

I can't bring myself out of the closet with this one!:lol:

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Of course I'm proud to be canadian even though I didn't have much choice like Jeanie mentioned. But I was full of pride and joy after seeing my country won fifteen gold medals at the Winter Olympics...especially the gold medal in the Men's hockey event...as canadians hockey is our religion and I almost cried after winning it.

Jessticles

Registered Member
No, I'm not. I am possibly the least patriotic person I know, I feel no connection with my country, it wouldn't bother me to move tomorrow and never come back. I don't like the geography, the climate, the attitude of people here, the politicians... pretty much anything. The only thing which keeps me here is my family and friends.

I plan to move after I get my masters. I'm working on a degree right now, only my first year, but still. I plan to move to the US, I've always loved it, wherever I go, I have family there. Oh, and I'm Irish.