Protests turn to Riots over Israeli action

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Bananas, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Link

Link

.......and will anybody listen to the protests? I very much doubt it.

2. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

Bunch of whiners.

First they break the peace treaty by firing up to 100 missiles on Israel each day and then Israel decides to strike back to get rid of them.. and for some reason Israel ends up being called the agressor..

I hope they clean up that strip of land once and for all. There's no peace with Hamas.

3. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I was thinking the same thing Bjarki... Israel if anything has shown great restraint. More power to them. Terrorists are a plague to the free people of this world. Israel has had enough.

4. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I'd be interested to find out how many rallies throughout human history have been effective.

5. Bananas

It not realy that cut and dry though is it. Will Israeli action encourage or discourage Palestinian rockets? What will this invasion achieve? Why are they invading, (these rockets have been going on for years), why now?

..then of course we have to remember why the Palestinians are firing the rockets in the first place. I know if someone came along and took my land shoved me in a corner and then cut off my food source I'd be pretty pissed too.

The way I see it is the Israeli government are no better than Hammas, neither want peace. I think if we condemn one we have to condemn the other. All I know is that an Israeli invasion is going to achieve nothing but casualties.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  6. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

We had a peace treaty to which both sides agreed. Israel hasn't been agressive towards Palestina since, not so for Hamas.
    The current invasion will only temporarily disarm Hamas.. that's better than nothing though. You know that if you keep the 'peace' with them, you're gonna keep on getting hit with an increasing ammount of missiles. Hamas will not stop the Intifada until the whole state of Israel is destroyed. I cannot blame the jews for occupying lands that are within striking range of all the major Israeli cities.

7. Bananas

This is the question I am raising, how far does a peace treaty go>?

Its no secret that Israel have blocked the Palestinian border throughout the last 6 months(during the peace treaty) preventing food, aid and other resource reaching Gaza. Is that not an act of war? Does Israel really have peace as its primary objective? It may not of been firing bullets but it still inflicted much misery on the people of Gaza. If it cant bomb them out it would starve them out, its a valid tactic of any conflict.

BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Inside Gaza: Malnutrition and shortages

8. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

I understand that Israelis in the bombarded regions don't like running to shelters all the time, living in fear, or having an occasional innocent civilian injured or killed, but Israel effectively took out enough men, women, and children in the last few days to keep Hamas busy for decades trying to match the tally with those rockets. They'll certainly have a go at it, though, since now their ranks will be bolstered with the friends and family of the dead, who'll fight tooth-and-nail and with no mercy to avenge their kin.

Looking at anything that happens in this conflict only in the context of what's happened recently is a mistake, since the whole thing is a game of tit-for-tat, with no foreseeable end. It's real goddamn sad, too, since the vast majority of the victims on both sides are innocents.

ysabel and Bananas like this.
  9. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Hey Bananas... where was your outcry when Hamas was bombing Israel the past few weeks? :rolleyes:

Hmm.. can't seem to find it.