• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Protesters trying to provoke police brutality

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
In intense video footage taken at the FBI building in Washington DC on Wednesday, protesters participating in the “Million Mask March” confronted police officers, screaming in their faces and taunting them, with one protester seen pushing an officer while yelling, “Go ahead, tase me! Bring it. Bring it, bitch!”

WATCH: Intense video shows Anonymous protesters trying to provoke police brutality
I'm all for exercising our constitutional rights but these protestors are going too far getting in the cops faces and throwing things at them. They are just trying to start trouble then when they got it they whined about it.

They may have a good reason to protest but this makes them look as bad as any hot headed cop. That is not going to help their cause. Their message, I'm starting to wonder what that message is, is being covered up by their violence.

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I hope the UN isnt gonna invite them to speak against torture.
Police departments have already been making reforms so I dont think the march is needed. And if there are still issues about police brutality then that needs to be solved without violence.
As for me Ive never seen what they are calling police brutality. It doesnt seem to exist where we live.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Police brutality exists everywhere most people just aren't aware of it unless they have experienced it themselves. There are cops that should never be cops. However if you are getting in a cops face like these people are you are just asking for trouble. They are trying to get the cop to react to their crap just so they can bitch about it. In this case the protestors are just as bad as a cop that crosses the line.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I think that cops should all be required to have hat/helmet cameras that record for their entire shift. This would be for the protection of both the public and the police. In the event someone asks a cop to tase them or hit them, as long as they have the request on video, the cop should have the right to grant their request. It's not police brutality at that point, it's serving the public by granting their requests to be punished for civil disobedience. :D

They can even post the video of the request and subsequent beating or electrocution to YouTube care of Anonymous.

- Cham