• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Protein powders

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Do you use them?
Are they considered healthy?

I've never used any but I'm thinking about buying one.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've been using them for the last year or so now. It's really help me build some muscle and gain some weight. Right now I'm taking three things, one before my workout and one after my workout. Before my workout I'm using this

https://www.svncanada.com/product/1130/maxx-essentials-waxy-maize-maxx-4.4lbs

and mix with this

Elite Recoup Advanced Recovery System | Dymatize® Nutrition | Whey Protein, Supplements, Protein

then after my workout I take something called QSE Rapid Fire, unfortunately I cannot find a link of it.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Regarding the first link..
In the nutrition facts it says Protein ..... 0g. ???
Howcome?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I take that one for the Carbs, it helps me gain weight, which you can see that there's 70g.

Rapid Fire which I take after my workouts(unfortunately I can't find a link) has 30g of protein. The two of them work for different purposes.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Well ... I don't want to gain weight. I just wan protein intakes.

Are you taking these with your doctor's prescription?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I definitely wouldn't suggest you to buy what I'm using LOL. I thought this thread was mostly about which proteins people take. I'm not to knowledgeable when it comes to proteins for "girls" but I did find this page that might be helpful.

Healthy Protein Shakes for Women

No I didn't get this from my doctor, got them a suppliment store, specialize for muscle gain...yes everything is legal lol.

laurahill

Protein powder is very important for muscle building.It improves the bones growth.
My doctor suggested me to take B protein powder daily with warm water or milk

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I usually drink a protein shake after I work out. To be honest I've never really noticed a difference from taking them, but at least they taste good.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I don't drink it because I'm not interested in building muscles anyway. My friend drinks it regularly though. I don't know the brand he uses but he said if drank at the right moment - usually after his workout -- it gives good results for the muscles he worked with on that session.

Shwa

V.I.P.
I've found them helpful in the past and I still do, for me I find ones (powders) that are mainly used for helping me put on some more body mass. Something to help with my bulking process, but I will drink creatine powders from time to time as well.

Powders are good, but dont let them substitute for your daily food intake and work out routine.

~Shwa

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Unity Food & Beverage 7
Iris Food & Beverage 10
Babe_Ruth Food & Beverage 6
EllyDicious Health & Fitness 23
Babe_Ruth Health & Fitness 13