• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Pros and Cons of John Cusack

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Okay... This is a pros and cons thread about John Cusack - Although that's not just it. It's a pros and cons thread about almost any actor/actress and this is how it works.

Discuss the pros and cons of John Cusack for a bit (perhaps one film you liked him in and one you didn't) and then at some random interval - say, a page in - a poster randomly uses Cusack to link to another thespian. Just look at the previous threads and whatever film appears most you simply have to drag out one of his co-stars and we can discuss their pros and cons of acting.

e.g. People have been arguing Cusack's good/bad performance in 1408 and a poster happily suggests we discuss Samuel L Jackson. and the discussion continues.
We might end up with a couple of pros/cons going at once, but that's okay. So ---

John Cusack:
Pro - Brilliant in Grosse Point Blank
Con - Very boring performance in 'The Bridges of Madison County'

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
John Cusack : Terrible in any movie he's ever been in.
I cannot pick a worse one as they were all terrible. I thought 1408 was bad till I actually watched 2012 out of boredom, dispite my better judgment. I won't be making the mistake again of ever watching any movie he is in.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Pros:
He has a very likeable screen presence
High Fidelity

Cons:
Most of the films he chooses are mediocre to awful.
He doesn't have a lot of range.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I personally don't have any cons against Cusack since I believe he's a good actor. I haven't seen him in a lot of different films, but I did enjoy him in Con Air, Hot Tub Time Machine and Eight Men Out. I'm sure there's other movies that I enjoyed from him, but I cannot think of them at this moment.

I have to see some of his early stuff, since I heard they were fairly entertaining.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
John Cusack : Terrible in any movie he's ever been in.
I cannot pick a worse one as they were all terrible. I thought 1408 was bad till I actually watched 2012 out of boredom, dispite my better judgment. I won't be making the mistake again of ever watching any movie he is in.
This sums up how I feel. I think he's terrible, though not as bad as Keanu Reeves.

I should add my opinion may be a little biased because I know someone who has met him and has dealt with him and she says he's a complete tool in person, so that admittedly may cloud my judgment. Although when I saw 2012 that did convince me he is a pretty bad actor.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
John Cusack I think is not such bad actor, I think my favorite Cusack Movie must be "Serendipity".

His Cons, in most movies I have seen him in he tends to play the same character with a new name, so his range is small as an actor I think.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Pros: Took a surprisingly fresh and different role in Being John Malkovich, which was also a great film.
Cons: His appearance has never changed. He looks the same in Hot Tub Time Machine as he does in Stand By Me. Apart from the film above.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Okay... This is a pros and cons thread about John Cusack - Although that's not just it. It's a pros and cons thread about almost any actor/actress and this is how it works.

Discuss the pros and cons of John Cusack for a bit (perhaps one film you liked him in and one you didn't) and then at some random interval - say, a page in - a poster randomly uses Cusack to link to another thespian. Just look at the previous threads and whatever film appears most you simply have to drag out one of his co-stars and we can discuss their pros and cons of acting.

e.g. People have been arguing Cusack's good/bad performance in 1408 and a poster happily suggests we discuss Samuel L Jackson. and the discussion continues.
We might end up with a couple of pros/cons going at once, but that's okay. So ---

John Cusack:
Pro - Brilliant in Grosse Point Blank
Con - Very boring performance in 'The Bridges of Madison County'

One of my favorite movies is Serendipity and for that I give Cusack a thumbs up. Other movies, the ones I've seen (none of the number movies mentioned in this thread as terrible), well I can't really say he's acted badly.

Bridges of Madison is one of my fave movies too but I don't recall him being there. :confused:

Konshentz

Konshentz
John Cusack is one of my favorite actors. I can't believe the amount of hate he's getting. Haha.

Pros
: The Sure Thing, Say Anything, 1408, Hot Tub Time Machine, The Ice Harvest, Identity.
Cons: 2012.