Movies Pros and Cons of John Cusack

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by HalfEatenSurprise, Sep 14, 2010.

1. HalfEatenSurprise

HalfEatenSurprise Registered Member

Okay... This is a pros and cons thread about John Cusack - Although that's not just it. It's a pros and cons thread about almost any actor/actress and this is how it works.

Discuss the pros and cons of John Cusack for a bit (perhaps one film you liked him in and one you didn't) and then at some random interval - say, a page in - a poster randomly uses Cusack to link to another thespian. Just look at the previous threads and whatever film appears most you simply have to drag out one of his co-stars and we can discuss their pros and cons of acting.

e.g. People have been arguing Cusack's good/bad performance in 1408 and a poster happily suggests we discuss Samuel L Jackson. and the discussion continues.
    We might end up with a couple of pros/cons going at once, but that's okay. So ---

John Cusack:
    Pro - Brilliant in Grosse Point Blank
    Con - Very boring performance in 'The Bridges of Madison County'

2. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

John Cusack : Terrible in any movie he's ever been in.
    I cannot pick a worse one as they were all terrible. I thought 1408 was bad till I actually watched 2012 out of boredom, dispite my better judgment. I won't be making the mistake again of ever watching any movie he is in.

CaptainObvious likes this.
  3. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Pros:
    He has a very likeable screen presence
    High Fidelity

Cons:
    Most of the films he chooses are mediocre to awful.
    He doesn't have a lot of range.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I personally don't have any cons against Cusack since I believe he's a good actor. I haven't seen him in a lot of different films, but I did enjoy him in Con Air, Hot Tub Time Machine and Eight Men Out. I'm sure there's other movies that I enjoyed from him, but I cannot think of them at this moment.

I have to see some of his early stuff, since I heard they were fairly entertaining.

5. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

This sums up how I feel. I think he's terrible, though not as bad as Keanu Reeves.

I should add my opinion may be a little biased because I know someone who has met him and has dealt with him and she says he's a complete tool in person, so that admittedly may cloud my judgment. Although when I saw 2012 that did convince me he is a pretty bad actor.

6. Ilus_Unistus

Ilus_Unistus Registered Member

John Cusack I think is not such bad actor, I think my favorite Cusack Movie must be "Serendipity".

His Cons, in most movies I have seen him in he tends to play the same character with a new name, so his range is small as an actor I think.

7. HalfEatenSurprise

HalfEatenSurprise Registered Member

Pros: Took a surprisingly fresh and different role in Being John Malkovich, which was also a great film.
    Cons: His appearance has never changed. He looks the same in Hot Tub Time Machine as he does in Stand By Me. Apart from the film above.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

One of my favorite movies is Serendipity and for that I give Cusack a thumbs up. Other movies, the ones I've seen (none of the number movies mentioned in this thread as terrible), well I can't really say he's acted badly.

Bridges of Madison is one of my fave movies too but I don't recall him being there. :confused:

9. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

John Cusack is one of my favorite actors. I can't believe the amount of hate he's getting. Haha.

Pros
    : The Sure Thing, Say Anything, 1408, Hot Tub Time Machine, The Ice Harvest, Identity.
    Cons: 2012.