• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Amusing Proposed Ordinance for Bounty on Drones

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Colorado town of Deer Trail wants an ordinance for a bounty on federal drones. You are limited to using a shot gun though. I think they plan on selling permits to tourists. If you are lucky enough to see one, then shoot it down, it will only get you $100.00. Your attorney fees will be much more for shooting one down. Don't think the federal government would let it go because it was legal in the town.

Colorado town proposes bounty for shooting down federal drones | The Raw Story

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, good luck with that. Firing at one will probably make you an enemy of the state and land you in Guantanamo.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
We don't put people in Guantanamo anymore. It would probably land you with some kind of treason charge, though. I'd never risk shooting at a drone.

What scares me more is that there's drones watching over us right now.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
That's hilarious. Sounds incredibly tongue-in-cheek, since the mayor admits you can't drop a drone with a 12 gauge "unless [you] get lucky." Seems like a cute way to make a point.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes but what is the Mayor going to do if someone does get lucky. It will put that little town on the map and get them attention they won't want.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The FAA has warned Deer Trail that shooting down drones could lead to prosecution. No kidding.

On the heels of a Colorado town's announcement that it was floating the idea of legalized drone hunting, the Federal Aviation Administration has warned that the practice could result in prosecution and fines.
The small town of Deer Trail, Colorado is currently weighing an ordinance that would grant residents permits to shoot down unmanned aerial vehicles, or drones, and even encourage the practice by awarding a $100 bounty to anyone presenting identifiable pieces of a drone that has been shot out of the sky.

Deer Trail resident Phillip Steel, who introduced the ordinance for debate - while admitting the move would be largely symbolic - voiced distrust towards the quickly proliferating technology already shared by many others, in particular privacy advocates who recoil at the thought of flying cameras hovering over American communities.

“Basically, I do not believe in the idea of a surveillance society, and I believe we are heading that way," says Steel.

FAA warns Colorado town that shooting down drones could lead to prosecution