prophecies?

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by raddmadd, Sep 22, 2006.

1. raddmadd

raddmadd Registered Member

"my coming is nigh when Israel becomes a nation"

Israel became a nation in 1948. God shows that the bible is His word through prophecy. many prophecies have been fullfilled. for the people who don't believe the bible is the word of the Creator, then what do you have to say about the fullfilled prophecies? and the accuracy of the bible?

2. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Well, can you elaborate on the other prophecies you speak of?

Israel is where Jewish culture lives, in the Wailing Wall and the other artifacts of their people. It was bound to have happened, and it was politically accelerated due to the Holocaust.

As to the accuracy, meh. Nostradamus made a lot of good predictions as well. The fact that something met a likely scenario over the course of three thousand years doesn't strike me as particularly divine or important.

Kaz

3. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

So almost 60 years later, and no coming? Now I understand god may work on a different time-line than we do, but how far can you stretch the word nigh before the prophecy isn't fulfilled? I agree with Kaz... it seems to me that there's so much room for coincidence over the long periods of time between a prophecy and it's fulfillment that there's no way of knowing whether or not it was because of the prophecy or was just a random thing.

4. raddmadd

in the scriptures it says that 1000 years here is as 1 day in Heaven. Jesus, 2000 years ago (to Him, 2 days ago) said He was coming soon. He is coming very soon, look at the signs.

im not too good with prophecy, but ill try and look some stuff up. i know there are others though.

oh and haha yeah, i was going to mention nostradamos, because im pretty sure many of his "prophecies" have also been fullfilled, ill have to study all this

5. PlainSight

PlainSight Guest

Oh god. Not this "IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!" nonsense. God doesn't exist in time by most theory, so "soon" may be: Sunrise tomorrow morning, or even five seconds after you read this. To: Five minutes before the sun grows too dim and cool to do Humanity's heating specs.

Soon. Near. Nigh. Their all contextual, and you must learn to differentiate between the crises in your own time, because humanity always has those, and the ones that actually forecast god. I think that Israel would have to expand the davidic kingdom for it to count for instance. Others think the Temple needs to be rebuilt to specs. It all depends.

6. Mare Tranquillity

Mare Tranquillity Elite Intellectual

I have two brothers avidly anticipating the return of Jesus. One of them never leaves his area in Missouri because his church claims that they own the land where they will build Jesus' new temple from which He will rule the world.

All the Christians living today will die and Jesus will not have come back--just like hundreds of millions of other Christians have died in disappointment over the last 2000 years when Jesus didn't come back.

One of the biggest drawbacks to the 'waiting for Jesus to come back' philosophy is that it encourages people to wait for Jesus to fix the problems we face. The "We don't need to worry about environmental destruction because Jesus coming is nigh" is an argument I've heard hundreds of times. If God sent us each an individual memo stating that we are on our own and need to figure out how to solve our own problems I suspect that people might begin to behave differently (it would be a fun experiment to try).

Anyway, why would Jesus come back here? Look what they did to Him last time!

7. raddmadd

? interesting. what church does he go to, what denomination? thats inaccurate, way inaccurate. Satan will rise and sit on Jesus' throne in Israel. when Jesus comes back, He's coming in clouds of Heaven.

no one is dissapointed. He is coming, we expect Him in an unexpected time.

He's coming back for His children. in clouds of Heaven not to walk the earth

8. Mare Tranquillity

Mare Tranquillity Elite Intellectual

So you say.

9. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Matthew 24:34

So that verse is wrong. Thus, I do not trust the rest of the prophetic language of the Bible, besides the fact that many people of this Earth do not believe in the New Testament apocalypse, either through different signs or not believing in an apocalypse at all.

Kaz

10. scitsofreaky

scitsofreaky Registered Member

I think I brought up that verse with raddmadd in a different discussion. I don't understand how anyone manages to get around that verse without just ignoring it. It is quite precise, and obviously unfulfilled, proving Jesus, as describe in the gospels, was a false prophet and not from God.
    Besides, if I'm not mistaken, Isreal still doesn't include all of the land God was supposed to give them, so we still don't have a whole Isreal.