Proper permalinks required

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
As the permalink system works at the moment, it requires every member to have the same posts-per-page setting. This is due to the fact that the link takes you to a specific page then auto-scrolls to the correct post.

However, lets take a small scenario. Lets say we have the permalink url i-like-buttsex-62860-page2.html#726509 and that the number of posts in the thread is 21.

Now, user one has his posts-per-page set to 10, so he can see three pages in total. When he visits that url, he is taken to the second page with the correct post.

However, user two has the setting at 20, so she can only see two pages in total. In this case, the link will not work as intended and will instead take the member to, what is for them, the second page, where there is only the 21st post.

This is obviously a problem if you are trying to reference a certain post in a different thread. As such, I'm wondering if there is a way to view individual posts on their own, allowing for members to link to that single post view instead.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hmm. We used to have different permalinks that linked to individual posts. Maybe I should go back to those?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Can't you just click on the number at the top right of the post?
This is where you get the permalink from. Which links to a specific page, then auto-scrolls the page. By the looks of things, though, the permalink differs depending on your posts-per-page setting.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I thought it brought you to a page that only has that post on it?

Oh shit. it's different. I had no idea that it changed.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Another pain in the ass is the linear setting. I use the linear setting for the new posts on the first page, whereas most people seem to use the default linear setting of new posts being on the last page.

Permalinks seem to fuck around with that, too. Makes me a sad panda. :sad:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Another pain in the ass is the linear setting. I use the linear setting for the new posts on the first page, whereas most people seem to use the default linear setting of new posts being on the last page.

Permalinks seem to fuck around with that, too. Makes me a sad panda. :sad:

I don't know how you can stand that setting. :lol: I would go crazy in no time at all, that's for sure.

Also, I fixed the permalinks just now.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I just cannot use the default setting. Nor can I understand how anyone else can. :dunno:

It boggles my mind. :dazed:

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
yah, but then you're reading the thread backwards chaos. The latest post first. I like to read it in order lol. First post first, last post last lawl. doing it your way, you gotta scroll down to the bottom lol.